Default Catching the light...

..is what it's all about - isn't it?

Name:  Panorama_HDR_15+35_EC-75L_Flood_TA_ColorBlastMild_1020x513_85%.jpg
Views: 361
Size:  225.8 KB
Roswell?
- No, this is Norway...

----------------------------------------
Addet later: Camera = Panasonic LUMIX GF1 with 20mm f/ 1.7 "pancake"-lens.
Settings: ISO 100 - f/8.0 - 1/15th sec. - Aperture priority
----------------------------------------

I love that great, little camera!

Quote: "Buying a camera doesn't make you a photographer. - It makes you a camera owner".
Curious about my photography?
You may look up my small portfolio on the Norwegian photo-forum: http://walter_s.foto.no/ - click - "LATEST" on left bottom of page.
You may then click any thumbnail to view the picture and click again on the displayed picture for an unobstructed full screen view. Enjoy!

Last edited by Walter_S; May 15, 2011 at 1:09 PM.
Walter_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 13, 2011, 6:08 PM   #2

Yet another example of your skill and artistic/photographic eye. Enjoyed seeing your portfolio as well. Very nice!
Walter C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2011, 8:36 PM   #3

Hi Walter!

Thanks a lot for your kind words here, and also for the nice and appreciated entry in my portfolio's guestbook!

Have a nice Weekend!

Best regards,
Walter from Norway
Old May 13, 2011, 10:56 PM   #4
spy

Fantastic place and time of day. The light is excellent and shadow levels only compliment the entire scene.

Kevin
spy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2011, 5:41 AM   #5

Outstanding work Walter!! I second Kevin's comment about the shadows, beautiful scene!!

Bob
bhammitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2011, 10:57 AM   #6
spy

I keep coming back to this image and shake my head in amazement. I can only imagine different conditions like fog or after a rain when colors are rich and saturated. Is this a path you walk much?
spy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2011, 1:11 PM   #7

First of all, guys - Kevin and Bob - thanks for your kind comments here. I appreciate this.

To Kevin's question. No, I never walked this path before, ever. It was a real chance encounter, really. I was doing a bit of a family-obligation that day. Taking my wife for a sunday late afternoon drive to a café we have been visisting before. Only this time I looked at the map and found an alternative road through som heavy and dense woods. A road I have never driven before.

As I drive along (my attractive new LUMIX GF1 in my SlingShot-bag always with me) I noticed this rather low and strong sunlight breaking through som heavy clouds, shining at some crazy angles into the woods.

My photographic reflexes took over, stoped the car, grabbed my tripod and run into the woods - knowing that this light would not last for long. I got some 10-15 shots before the sun was gone, so was the spell.

Just a chance encounter and a ready camera nearby sometimes gets you a good one...

Thanks again and in a few days I'll post another one of these chance encounters. One that took place i april, again at an unknown place along another road, when we stopped the car for my wife to have a cigarette (I gave up smoking 3 years ago and took up photograpy instead!). Again, no more than 5-10 minutes the sun played up a crescendo of light and colors that where just unforgettable - and I happend to spot a beautiful motive.

:^)

Last edited by Walter_S; May 15, 2011 at 12:27 PM. Reason: The English lanuage: "komments" does not look right to me, so I changed it to "comments" instead...
Old May 15, 2011, 4:58 AM   #8

Location: Northeast Passage 10; Gothenburg, Sweden, Northern Europe, Planet Earth, Outskirts of Milky Way, Uni

Great picture, natural looking

"Every man", he says thoughtfully, "should pull a boat over a mountain once in his life". And then, once again, he laughs at himself. (About Werner Herzog) TTL Photography (True To Life Pictures) My Zenfolio Photo site is at http://torgnydellsen.zenfolio.com/

The pictures are optimized for slideshows. The slideshow button is at the upper right. Please use your loudspeakers. There is some music, progressive music from the seventies in the different galleries.
Allagerillagallallerilly!

Torgny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2011, 10:44 AM   #9

Ah, the right place at the right time. That combined with a good eye makes for great images which is what you have here. Very nice.
umdaman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2011, 10:46 AM   #10

Incredible shot! What a happy chance that took you down that road with a camera - a good reason for having one with you all the time. And yes, the more I play with photography, the more I realize that it's all about the light - from that comes shape and color.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote