Default Backyard Moonlight

A shot I randomly took before sleep.
Enjoy

YDanusas
www.pbase.com/booster286

YDanusas is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 10, 2004, 11:42 AM   #2

I had a fleeting thought about taking a moonlight photo last night. I was torn - beautiful moonscape on the one hand and -20 with windchill on the other. I see palm trees in this photo - unfair advantage!! :P I might go for it tonight....
Photo Gump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2004, 3:26 PM   #3

Sitting here wearing a shirt, a sweatshirt, and a sweater for good measure, I don't know if I love your photo or hate it. Is that the moon? And was it really lighting the sky like that? Or were you just going to sleep when the sun came up? Either way, it's a nice picture.

(Photo Gump: where in the Northeast are you? I'm near Albany, NY.)
bcoultry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2004, 5:27 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoultry
(Photo Gump: where in the Northeast are you? I'm near Albany, NY.)
Hi Barbara,

I'm in balmy Rhode Island and we're in the middle of a heat wave . The temperature was about 14 degrees before noon and has gone up to 24!! I'm hearing that there's some snow on the way and then another cold blast....
Old Jan 11, 2004, 5:48 PM   #5

Temp here is 16 degrees, which is really quite warm compared to the less-than-nothing of yesterday. Extreme weather builds character. It's also good for the sweater industry.
Old Jan 11, 2004, 10:15 PM   #6

I actually don't know why the shot came up like that. I swear that is the moon. Or was I sleep walking again? I had the shot at iso50 and for a long shutter speed. It does sorta have a fake feeling to it. I wanted to take this picture and layer it over a different picture where the moon is more realistic. but that meant for me to take another picture and I was getting really tired already. oh wells. BTW best wishes to all Northeast people in USA going through the bad weather. I wish I could send you all some California sunshine, but for now I hope a California smile will do just fine .

YDanusas
www.pbase.com/booster286
YDanusas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2004, 10:21 PM   #7

Funny you mentioned sweaters. I picked up one of the warmest sweaters at EMS on Saturday. The only thing that kept me from going out Saturday night to take a photo of the moon was I don't have any kind of gloves I can wear and still work a camera (in the dark in -20). I could picture myself wearing a balaclava (almost wrote baklava - interesting image ), mag lite clamped between my teeth, heavy gloves, trying to press the button with my nose.
Old Jan 12, 2004, 8:01 AM   #8

Quote:
mag lite clamped between my teeth, heavy gloves, trying to press the button with my nose.
Ah, the things we do for the sake of a photo--or, at least, the things we imagine doing. I, in the meantime, immediately imagined taking a photo of you taking a photo with your nose. Hmm...and what if there was a third camera with a long cable release which could photograph the two nuts out there in the moonlight freezing their butts off?

"Isotoner" gloves (not sure of the spelling) are thin, close-fitting, and might keep your hands warm enough to take a few pictures before the nose requirement kicks in.
Old Jan 12, 2004, 5:22 PM   #9

This picture is a little surreal! Its daytime at night!

But I like it!!!
stephendickey is offline   Reply With Quote