Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Jan 16, 2012, 12:29 PM   #1

Location: Northeast Passage 10; Gothenburg, Sweden, Northern Europe, Planet Earth, Outskirts of Milky Way, Uni
Default Elegy Over The Abandoned Ferry Berth

At Ferry Ness
Attached Images

"Every man", he says thoughtfully, "should pull a boat over a mountain once in his life". And then, once again, he laughs at himself. (About Werner Herzog) TTL Photography (True To Life Pictures) My Zenfolio Photo site is at http://torgnydellsen.zenfolio.com/

The pictures are optimized for slideshows. The slideshow button is at the upper right. Please use your loudspeakers. There is some music, progressive music from the seventies in the different galleries.
Allagerillagallallerilly!

Torgny is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 16, 2012, 12:30 PM   #2

Location: Northeast Passage 10; Gothenburg, Sweden, Northern Europe, Planet Earth, Outskirts of Milky Way, Uni

Picture number two

"Every man", he says thoughtfully, "should pull a boat over a mountain once in his life". And then, once again, he laughs at himself. (About Werner Herzog) TTL Photography (True To Life Pictures) My Zenfolio Photo site is at http://torgnydellsen.zenfolio.com/

The pictures are optimized for slideshows. The slideshow button is at the upper right. Please use your loudspeakers. There is some music, progressive music from the seventies in the different galleries.

Last edited by Torgny; Jan 21, 2012 at 5:40 AM.
Old Jan 16, 2012, 12:36 PM   #3

Picture number three
Attached Images

Old Jan 16, 2012, 12:47 PM   #4

Picture number four
Attached Images

Old Jan 16, 2012, 12:48 PM   #5

The last picture

The new bridge
Attached Images

Last edited by Torgny; Jan 16, 2012 at 12:55 PM.
Old Jan 16, 2012, 1:00 PM   #6

G'day Torgny

Gosh - what a collection
Image #1 & #5 for me > would reckon that #5 would go very, very nicely on your/any lounge room wall

Regards, Phil
Ozzie_Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2012, 1:17 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozzie_Traveller View Post
G'day Torgny

Gosh - what a collection
Image #1 & #5 for me > would reckon that #5 would go very, very nicely on your/any lounge room wall

Regards, Phil

G'Day, Phil,

Thanks. I was just sitting with these pictures from the other day. Taken with a point and shoot and a full format camera. Really, the small sensor cameras have advantages (*). Sometimes have to keep the picture files in different folders not to mix them up

(*Point and shoot cameras and your favoured superzooms for that matter)

Regards

Torgny

Old Jan 17, 2012, 5:18 PM   #8

Image 1 and the last image look like you put thought into the composition. 2, 3 and 4 just look like snaps of stuff that looked interesting at the time.

I really really like the last one. It looks like you really considered the composition. the bridge leads into the photo, the reflection adds more leading lines, the graduated colors from deep blue to red in the sky are awesome.

Last one is defo a keeper, and even a framer. 1 is ok, but not hugely interesting to my eye, and 2,3 and 4 are throw aways.

Hope that does not sound too harsh, I just know from experience that a lot of scenes that look interesting at the time just dont work on photo without a LOT of work at composition time.

But to have one amazing photo out of 5 is still really great odds! (i usually only get one keeper out of every 5-10 images!)
schmintan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2012, 5:38 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by schmintan View Post
Image 1 and the last image look like you put thought into the composition. 2, 3 and 4 just look like snaps of stuff that looked interesting at the time.

I really really like the last one. It looks like you really considered the composition. the bridge leads into the photo, the reflection adds more leading lines, the graduated colors from deep blue to red in the sky are awesome.

Last one is defo a keeper, and even a framer. 1 is ok, but not hugely interesting to my eye, and 2,3 and 4 are throw aways.

Hope that does not sound too harsh, I just know from experience that a lot of scenes that look interesting at the time just dont work on photo without a LOT of work at composition time.

But to have one amazing photo out of 5 is still really great odds! (i usually only get one keeper out of every 5-10 images!)

Yes, schmintan,

and how many significant pictures (whatever that is) - if any, can we produce in a lifetime. May I quote Leonard Cohen:

"Like any dealer he was watching for the card that is so high and wild he'll never need to deal another"

Some kind of metaphore. Photography really is a challenge. Hope still exists

//T

Old Jan 18, 2012, 1:34 AM   #10

I'd rather produce 1 good image than thousands of mediocre snaps.

I've been taking photographs for about 10 years now and in all the thousands of pics I took, I have only about 10 I count worthy of print.

Many of the others are part of my learning process (which is always ongoing) and so are important in that respect.

And your card an dealer metaphor is flawed. Just because I demand a high level of standard for any image I consider "good", and I end up discarding lots of images I will keep shooting, always in search of that next great image inside me and my camera.

But each to their own. Best of luck.
schmintan is offline   Reply With Quote