Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Feb 27, 2012, 9:24 AM   #1

Default Snowless Winter in Central Park

We've had a snow-less winter so far. We've only had a smattering of snow once or twice but never enough to fully cover the ground. The temperature has been mild, too, and what snow has landed in the morning has melted in the afternoon. February is nearly over and soon it will be spring.

New Yorkers aren't complaining, though. Heating bills will surely be lower and there'd be no winter-related damages this season.

Curiously, I don't see New Yorkers rejoicing, either. I'd hear conversations about the odd weather pattern from newscasters on TV, people in the elevator, and patrons in my street corner coffee vendor with guarded enthusiasm at best. Besides the snow plows not generating any winter income and the fresh immigrants from the tropics hoping to see their first snow, I guess New York is so unlike New York without the occasional winterstorm during this supposedly cold time of year.

#1)

#2)

#3)

#4)

#5)

Thank you for looking. C&C welcome.

Last edited by vvcarpio; Feb 27, 2012 at 9:51 AM.
vvcarpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 27, 2012, 9:58 AM   #2

Very nice photo's and processing. We are having the same effect here in the St. Louis area. It has been a very mild winter with not much snow. Hard to photograph right now. There are thousands and thousands of these little nats flying around. Come summer we will pay the price when the mosquitos come out in full force....
Vision of Dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2012, 7:42 PM   #3

Great to see your views of Central Park. The leafless trees make a nice contrast against the lighted buildings. New York for us next year - yaaay!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/banksyinoz/
banksy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2012, 7:42 AM   #4

Thank you, Vision of Dreams, banksy. No snow forecast yet for the next five days. We had that weird winter storm in the fall in October -- maybe we'll also have a weird winter storm in the spring in April...

banksy, have fun on your New York trip next year. I work midtown eastside (vicinity of Grand Central) so if you're in the area I can show you around.

#6)
Old Feb 28, 2012, 5:11 PM   #5

Cheers vv, thanks for the offer. Might even take you up on it!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/banksyinoz/
banksy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3, 2012, 9:24 AM   #6

Sure. I think we can accomplish much photography just staying within my block. If interested, we can walk two blocks further to NYPL and show you around there, too, with all its extravagant rooms open to photography.

#7) I went to Central Park yesterday for more pics but later found my camera set at max 12800 ISO -- argh. Trip wasted not to mention the $2.50 subway fare. At least I have a few more Central Park shots taken from a week ago.
Old Mar 8, 2012, 8:18 PM   #7

I really like 2,4 and 7. Your shots always showcase NY really well and are creatively done. You should put your best all together with their coordinating stories and submit them to a publisher and see what happens.

Canon 5D III
50mm 1.2 L l 24-70 F2.8 L l 70-200 F4 L l 40mm 2.8 l 100mmL 2.8 macro

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Alainn...39490172728282
http://alainnbellephotography.smugmug.com/
Shutterbug74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2012, 2:08 PM   #8

Thanks a lot, Shutterbug74. More and more I'm getting encouraged about the undertaking.

I guess my conundrum is, how are photo books submitted to publishers? Manuscripts can be printed on plain copy paper, but with photo books, what paper should they be printed? And at what size pictures? 1 per page? 2? If there's a publisher here, I would appreciate some advice.

#8)