Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Mar 24, 2012, 9:12 AM   #11

We have hired a tour guide for half a day. I'll take some pix during the tour and will go back in the afternoon if I need to. Thanks for all the advice. Weather is supposed to be clear so the spring time effect should be gorgeous.
Outhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2012, 11:42 AM   #12

I know everyone will ask where are my pix? I'm a CPA and my day trip to Shiloh was simply a mental health day. Boy was it gorgeous. I counted 6 other cars and we were blessed with Blue Bird skys. I will admit to have been hurried a bit by our tour guide and I will have to return to focus more on photos but the Circular Polarizer really made the blues pop. I do have a couple of pix I will post soon but thanks to all who offered suggestions to this newbie. One regret was not being able to take some pix of a nesting eagle. There were some folks there with some serious equipment getting I'm sure some stellar pix just didn't have time to join them. Anyone contemplating visiting Shiloh, it is an amazingly beautiful and solemn place. There were nearly 90,000 soldiers and 1/3 were casualties.
Old Mar 29, 2012, 9:40 PM   #13

Excited to see the shots, however many there are

We're getting on the road at 0-dark-thirty tomorrow morning to head down there. Unfortunately it won't be nearly as tranquil this weekend Glad you got to enjoy it in that state!

P.S. I really hope I come across that eagle or her cousins, I'm taking a couple of longer lenses!
Pure Evo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2012, 11:06 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pure Evo View Post
Excited to see the shots, however many there are

We're getting on the road at 0-dark-thirty tomorrow morning to head down there. Unfortunately it won't be nearly as tranquil this weekend Glad you got to enjoy it in that state!

P.S. I really hope I come across that eagle or her cousins, I'm taking a couple of longer lenses!
The eagle will be easy to find. She normally has two eggs but one was infertile this year. Magnificent creature
Old Apr 3, 2012, 11:48 PM   #15

What a beautiful place, and as you mentioned solemn. Although at the actual reenactment site there were thousands of people, we left a bit early and headed to the park which was nearly deserted. I'm currently scanning through thousands of photos from the amazing weekend, but here's a quick shot I took inside the Shiloh Church:

I'm glad you enjoyed your experience, as I surely did!
Old Apr 4, 2012, 6:53 PM   #16

I don't know if you know it, I didn't. The church in your picture is a recreation. The original church is at the location next door where the modern church is. The building in your picture was built, I believe, about 10 years ago.
Old Apr 4, 2012, 9:10 PM   #17

I didn't know that! However I had taken a picture of the plaque in front of the church and I just read it now from the photo - and your details are remembered correctly.

I guess I should change that to "inside the replica of the Shiloh church"! LOL