Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Feb 21, 2004, 7:33 PM   #11

This photo reminds me of one of the many things that I like to do here in the Northwest which is boating/fishing.

http://www.hpphoto.com/servlet/LinkP...4ddb4d67&size=
MoonGypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2004, 7:59 PM   #12

Stephen....the National Geographic line got a chuckle out of me. No, I'm strictly an amateur when it comes to photography, although I have been using a SLR for 25-20 years or so. This shot was taken a couple of weeks ago at Lost Lake in Oregon. I used a Canon DRebel with a Canon 70-200 f/2.8 IS lens. I'd have to check the exact settings, but I think I was at 200mm, f/8, 1/1600 sec, at ISO 400. I shot in RAW and converted using Capture One. In Photoshop, I did some minor tweaking on the curves and a very slight sharpening. Thank you for your comments.

Derek: I really like that shot and the way you framed it. Very picturesque.
ohenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2004, 9:39 PM   #13
QDM

I just discovered this forum when I happend on Ohenry's photo of Lost Lake and realized that I have a photo that I took while flying about 700 feet above Lost Lake. It is the February 20th photo of the day, Mt. Jefferson at Dawn, and is one of my favorite aerial landscape photos.

Aerial landscapes is what I really like to do and I've taken thousands over the last few years. A few of them came out well IMHO.

There must be more than one Lost Lake in Oregon because Ohenry's photo doesn't look like the lost lake I'm familier with, the one near Santiam Pass.

Q
QDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2004, 10:20 PM   #14

Quote:
There must be more than one Lost Lake in Oregon because Ohenry's photo doesn't look like the lost lake I'm familier with, the one near Santiam Pass.
I don't know. I was at Lost Lake at the dam on the Rogue River, about an hour east of Medford
ohenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2004, 11:00 PM   #15
QDM

Yes, different lost lake. The one I'm familer with is just west of Santiam Pass.

My complements on a very nice photo.

Q[/quote]
QDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2004, 1:12 AM   #16

Here's a perspective that's not normally noticed or seen unless you are furtunate enough to be about 14,00 feet in the air above the Big Island of Hawaii. Also, atmospheric conditions have to be just so. No editing other than cropping to get rid of the plane window and a tad of lightening and sharpening.

A view of Manua Kea Mountain above the clouds.

Enjoy
selvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2004, 2:24 AM   #17

Stephen, congrats of this thread you came up with. It seems to be picking up steam with some great photos.

Ohenry and Deexley, those are awesome pics you've posted. I love 'em both in different ways.
Jack Nickelless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2004, 2:35 AM   #18

I have not taken my favourite shot yet, most of mine are around or above average. Still awaiting the perfect shot (so many things to get right!)...
Richard W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2004, 4:18 AM   #19

Really wonderful photos in this thread I will have to sort out a contribution later today.

That lakeside picture by ohenry is something special would really love to walk along that lake in the sun.

I like the waterfall jack, especially the contrast between the foliage and the cliffs. That looks a long way down and you must have got quite close to the edge to take that one.
costas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2004, 7:31 AM   #20

Quote:
you must have got quite close to the edge to take that one.
Just to get a photo, Jack has been known to step out onto a roof through which others have fallen. His enthusiasm needs curbing.

Selvin, your photo shows the mountain as few probably ever see it...except maybe angels. Nice one.

Deexley, having come across scenes like yours now and then, it stopped me just as those settings in real life have. Your photo brings out the peaceful feeling in them.

I looked through my own photos, most of them in a huge collection of old snapshots, and besides spending a long time drifting through memories, I realized that not a single one of my "arty" pictures can stop and hold me like a grainy, poorly lit, badly composed print of, say, my childhood dog or my father asleep on the couch. In the end, it's what we bring to the photo, not what it brings to us.
bcoultry is offline   Reply With Quote