Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Feb 21, 2004, 8:23 PM   #1

Default Canon A70 pics posted.

Hello There,

Finally got out to take a few pictures at 6AM this morning, Northern Australia is in the grip odf a long heatwave with 40C+ temps and 80-90% humidity, I think this global warming is going to fry us all.

I usually use Kodak P&S DCs but decided to get a CanonA70, nice camera with lots of features, for me most importantly long battery life.

I updated my website today, not a folio of my best work, just my way of sharing a little piece of Australia with anyone that cares to take a look.

The URL is http://members.optusnet.com.au/~davereys/

Thank you for your Time.
Regards
Dave
Downunder.
wedpics is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 22, 2004, 1:16 AM   #2

Dave,

Thanks for sharing photos of the region. Like you I also post pictures to my web site on Hawaii that aren't necessarily award winning shots. They are there to give viewers a taste of what Hawaii is all about.

Incidentally, the view of the lighthouse is very well done!
selvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2004, 1:37 AM   #3

How do you find that A70 compares to the Kodak DX6440 for image quality? The DX6440 has a 4mp sensor and a quality Schneider lens does it not?
Robotnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2004, 5:30 AM   #4

Default Message for Selvin

Hi Selvin,

Congratulations, very nice pictures of Hawaii.

I hope about mid rear to be going on a very long trip around Australia, 37,000 km of coastline to photograph, could be away many months or years, depends how the health holds out.

At the moment is is super hot and very hard to get away for day trips to some of our beauty spots, cant wait for the cooler weather to get out and about again.

Regards
Dave
Downunder.
Old Feb 23, 2004, 5:41 AM   #5

Default Message for Robotnik

Hi There Pobotnik,

I believe the A70 and DX6440 are as alike as chalk and cheese.

The A70 as you know is a super featured camera, the image quality is a little more subdued, I was very impressed with the fine detail this camera produced.

On the other hand the DX6440 is also a very good camera, I love the saturated colour that the Kodak produces, a very simple camera to use with a great lens.

I have owned many Kodaks, always been happy with the images, I needed a full featured compact DC, the A70 I feel was a great choice.

The only Kodak with features like the A70 was the DX6490, I need a 10X zoom like I need a hole in the head so I gave that one a miss.

I have owned many Canon 35mm SLRs and always been happy with their products, I just hope the A70 gives me as good service.

Regards
Dave
Downunder.