Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Aug 27, 2014, 5:03 PM   #1

Default Tuesday evening at Cannon Beach

450 miles round trip is long drive for an evening, but Cannon Beach has never disappointed me yet... well, not completely, anyway! i actually was hoping it'd be clear so i could get some milky way shots over Haystack, and had planned to stay over and come home Wednesdaybut the clouds had other ideas. anyway, i did get several "keepers". really odd... Seaside, just a few miles north, was completely socked in with fog, but Cannon Beach had sun, even though there was a big ol' cloud bank just offshore. but the clouds did make for a dramatic sunset. here are just a couple....

there were still a bunch of people wandering around Haystack, and the Needles were offering better compositions. i did get a few of Haystack, but this is more dramatic... 5D2m 24-105 @ 27mm, 1/80 @ f/11 w/grad ND...

34mm, 1/200, f/11...

sometimes, the best shots are taken AWAY from the sunset... this was looking south along the beach, about 25 minutes after sunset. i really loved the pastel colors and the reflections, and the way the fog was rolling up over the shore... 5D2, 24-105 @ 55mm, 1/10 @ f/11, -1EV w/grad ND...

Out where the rivers like to run, I stand alone, and take back something worth remembering...
~ Three Dog Night

www.northwestnaturalimagery.com
squirl033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 27, 2014, 9:39 PM   #2

Rocky

Your dedication of getting to a great site has really paid off.

This is a beautiful series of land/seascapes. The colors, fog,reflections and compositions are very pleasing to the eye.

A peaceful feeling.
lomitamike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28, 2014, 1:21 AM   #3

thanks, Mike! i think the last one is my favorite shot of the bunch... just because it's different... the pastels, the reflections, the fog, the colors... by cropping a little off the top and bottom, it'll make a very nice 2:1 ratio panoramic, as well... perfect for a 10x20 or 12x24 print...

Out where the rivers like to run, I stand alone, and take back something worth remembering...
~ Three Dog Night

www.northwestnaturalimagery.com
squirl033 is offline   Reply With Quote