Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Mar 6, 2004, 8:49 PM   #1

Default Barbed Wire Through Tree

How would you have taken this picture? The tree was quite big and filled most of the picture so I slid it to the right as much as I could and still get the wire.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Todd Swain is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 6, 2004, 11:03 PM   #2

I don't know...I really don't know what effect you were after or really what the subject is.
PKchopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 2004, 8:36 AM   #3

(This is a picture that could have been used over in the Challenge forum this week.)

You definitely had a problematic situation with this one. To get the barbed wire, both as it went through the tree and where it ended in a seeming point, the framing ends up being a struggle. I don't know if this would have worked, but I might have tried using my smallest aperture to get the largest depth of field, then photographed it so the wire recedes sharply from the tree. This would require positioning yourself more behind the tree than in this photo. Then, in post processing, I would have used every trick in the book to make that wire and its path jump right out.

I don't know if my idea is possible. For all I know, there could be a cliff directly behind that tree, leaving out certain possibilties for framing...to say the least.

This is a picture that, if you have the opportunity, you should try again. Take a card full of photos, trying different angles and camera settings. As a matter of fact, whenever you find a scene that fascinates you, take a LOT of pictures.
bcoultry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 2004, 10:13 AM   #4

Thanks you for your suggestions! I just thought it was neat to see that the tree grew around the wire. I will try to do some other pictures of it and modify it in Photo Elements2
Todd Swain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 2004, 10:30 AM   #5

yea, I see what you mean. It seems to have not only grew around the wire but it seems to have taken the wire up with it as the tree grew. Try some of bcoultry's suggestions and good luck :!:
PKchopper is offline   Reply With Quote