Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Mar 9, 2004, 8:46 PM   #1

Default A couple of shots in western Australia

this shot I took with my little canon 1.3 megapixel (my first digital). this is one of the areas I drive through on my courier run, its called "Borden"

This one is another place I pass through called "ongerup", taken with my G3 and there was a farm fence running along the front of the tree, edited it using photoshop. I hope it is not obvious.
aladyforty is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 9, 2004, 9:54 PM   #2

Those are spectacular shots. The first one I like because of the flowers(weeds?) at the bottom. It adds a burst of color next to the grass(wheat, rye?) before you move across the field.

The second photo I wouldn't have noticed if you hadn't said. Just down and to the right from the tree I can see something, but I thought it was a breeze rustling the grass.
MoonGypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2004, 10:58 PM   #3

i agree wid MoonGypsy, those are definitely nice shots.
i also like the 1st picture coz of the effects the flowers and grasses add to the over all beauty of the scenery.

off topic: i'll be going to australia this April and will stay there for a week, i hope i find the time to visit the country side and get very nice shots also.

regards,
bryan
kronuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2004, 11:58 PM   #4

<<<<<<<<<<<&lt ; The second photo I wouldn't have noticed if you hadn't said. Just down and to the right from the tree I can see something, but I thought it was a breeze rustling the grass.>>>>>>>>>>>

No that is the breeze, the fence was near the bit of wood (dead tree) under the tree. The dead tree branch also reached up and almost touched the tree. also the skyline had some ugly trees in the distance that i removed.
Old Mar 10, 2004, 12:02 AM   #5

kronuz, which state of Australia are you visiting? It's a huge country and every state is different.

MoonGypsy, it is wheat in the first photo, I only wish i had taken that shot with the G3, It would have been much clearer, maybe next harvest season
Old Mar 10, 2004, 12:06 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by aladyforty
kronuz, which state of Australia are you visiting? It's a huge country and every state is different.
oops! sori i forgot to mention, i'll be visiting Melbourne. hopefully i could go back and visit again "katoomba" blue mountain...its such a lovely place, makes one think how small we are in the midst of creation.
kronuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2004, 1:00 AM   #7

Ive never been to Melbourne but i am finally going to go over to Queensland in a few months time to visit my sister. Saving up the $700.00 airfare Ive never been out of western australia and intend to travel around my own state sometime, maybe when hubs and I retire but thats ages away. cant wait to go to Queensland for the chance to take the photos.
Old Mar 10, 2004, 6:04 AM   #8

Hello There,

Loved the pictures, you have the same problem over in the West as we do in Queensland, just about every landscape has power lines running through it, any where within a 150km radius of Brisbane is covered with power lines.

My Wife and I are looking forward to heading out your way later this year, would like to make it by the time your wonderful wild flowers start to bloom.

Hope to be away for a couple of years, just cant wait to photograph this wonderful country of ours in digital instead of film.

Regards
Dave
Downunder.
daverh is offline   Reply With Quote