Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Mar 11, 2004, 6:30 AM   #1

Default Warmest day yet in Fujino

The mercury hit 25.6° C today, the warmest day we've had all year! I'll be changing out my snow tires this weekend for sure.
These are a couple of shots taken on the hill behind my house today. The first one is a family graveyard overlooking the valley and Lake Sagami beyond. I was glad to get the exposure to work out in this one to properly expose the darker foreground without blocking out the brighter background sky.

The next one is a nameless plant. The last blossom of last summer won't be around for much longer as new green begins pushing out.

Olympus C-755
Norm in Fujino is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 12, 2004, 2:49 PM   #2

Very nice pair of photos

You have given us a window into your world!

Thanks, Norm!

I love the way the second photo heralds the imminent
arrival of spring.

digcamfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12, 2004, 8:12 PM   #3

Thanks, DGF . This is one of the most pleasant times of year for me. The "drear" of the winter months starts giving way slowly to signs of spring all around. Right now, the cedar pollen is filling the air and the plums are in full bloom. The cherry blossoms will come out around the end of the month, followed by the wisteria and then the whole mountainside will start greening up! Here's another hard one for me. Plum blossoms against the sky. Unfortunately, the plums aren't the only thing that's "blooming" here: working to adjust the brightness and contrast also caused the purple fringing to appear stronger Needs a bit more work.

Old Mar 12, 2004, 11:27 PM   #4

Default Nice

Looks like a nice place to live and its warm there too!!
dc9mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12, 2004, 11:39 PM   #5

Default Re: Warmest day yet in Fujino

Nice picture, I lived in Nagoya for several years. One year it snowed there. Most of all ,I loved the beautiful colors of Japan.
Kanji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2004, 12:13 AM   #6

Quote:
Looks like a nice place to live and its warm there too!!
Well, it's finally getting warm now; just a few weeks ago it was down to -8 C. Summer's a bruiser, though. Temp gets up to +35 with 95% humidity.

Quote:
Nice picture, I lived in Nagoya for several years. One year it snowed there. Most of all ,I loved the beautiful colors of Japan.
We normally have several snows each year, each one dumping 15-30 cm. On rare occasions, we've had snows of nearly a meter in a week. We're 40km from Mt. Fuji, and only about 50 or so from Tokyo (Shinjuku), so when it's raining in the city it's often snowing out here. The colors are nice, aren't they--when they're showing. Out here, the months of January to March are pretty dull, since the leaves fall and the cedars take on pollen. The worst of the pollen should be over in a couple of weeks, though.