Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Mar 19, 2004, 4:21 PM   #1

Default Skiing in Utah

Here are a few of the pics that I took while skiing in Utah. (click pictures for full resolution)

JaroDefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 19, 2004, 4:35 PM   #2

you must be a good skier(or snowboarder) to bring your camera with you....lol

i don't trust my boarding abilities(or lack there of) enough to bring it...lol
photosbyvito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 2004, 5:19 PM   #3

The sky on that 2nd one is a bit overkill on the blue- it emphasizes the noise as well. Hard exposure though. Good pictures, brings back the memories....
(hazy fading effect)...

This reminds me of the time I tried snowboarding.
Me and a friend went up on a school trip on the weekend for some skiing/boarding on Mt. Hood (in oregon) We were sick of the little bunny hill and wanted to try something that was longer in length- but still easy.

there was one more easy slope nearby so we hopped a lift and went up up up into the mountain and when we got off we were greeted with a fairly steep grade... I'd say about 50% that ran for about 100ft. and then leveled out where there was a fork. On the left, there was the 'advanced'/'expert' slope, with a very steep grade and jumps and just all kinds of scary stuff. and on the right, was the welcoming beginning of the 'beginners' trail. Me and my friend decided to traverse this steep grade in front of us by sitting on our boards like sleds.

So we slid down about half way and I fell off my board and it slipped out from underneath me, the little 'leash' that hooks up to your boots broke loose and the board went to the bottom; stalled a little bit while slowly curving left.... My eyes turned into sausages as I watched my snowboard go down the advanced path. Being the worrying little child that I was, I went chasing after this board; I went running down this slope (on the right side of the hardened path as there were really fast skiiers buzzing past me)

It was just horrible, I kept falling over in the snow running after this board. Eventually it met a turn and went into the woods....

I never found it....
huckle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 2004, 5:21 PM   #4

ahh! that stinks!

btw....sry i didn't comment on the shots themselves.....

i like the shots with the other mountains a lot!
photosbyvito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 2004, 5:24 PM   #5

I like all these but I love the mogul run pic. Did you ski that?
Joshua B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 2004, 5:43 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua B
I like all these but I love the mogul run pic. Did you ski that?
Yes, I did ski it. I have evidence since one of those pictures is from the top of the run and the other is from the bottom.
JaroDefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2004, 12:04 AM   #7

No offence, but after seeing some of the panoramas it just leaves something missing on you last shot. If you could have continued the scene to the right and then stitch them together I think you would have a real winner.

Of the posted pics I like the uphill view of the moguls best. The trees on both sides provide a natural boarder and just help complete the scene without wondering where the boundary is.
PKchopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2004, 10:01 PM   #8

I do agree with PKchopper on the panorama thing (and the no offense thing too!). The picture seems to draw you to the right with the more dense trees and the boarder on that side. I think the uphill mogul one is the best too--well composed and the shadows on the moguls show the contour of the bumps nicely.
srvsd is offline   Reply With Quote