Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old May 14, 2004, 2:56 PM   #1

Something different. This shot was taken at a recent outing to the beach, taken at sunrise. The pic is of my wife's footprints in the sand, the newly risen sun's light up front, and a wave about to wash over the footprints. Sort of like a challenge to do the important things what you want to/need to do NOW while you can.

JakeTPegg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 14, 2004, 3:34 PM   #2

I like the concept but this shot doesn't quite do it for me. The funny thing is I'm not sure why. I'm not sure if it is the brightness of the sun reflection or the the low closeup view of the footprints. I think it is the latter. When I first looked at the picture, I couldn't figure out what those markings were. It wasn't until I read your text that I could see that they were foot prints.

I think it might look help to convey your feeling/mood if you backed up a couple feet (no pun intended) keeping the same shooting angle. You would still have the same overall composition but the footprints would be more recognizable.

This is my opinion and not necessarily that of anyone else.
calr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2004, 3:55 PM   #3

Hi Cal Thanks for your comments, they are really appreciated, and I do get your angle [also no pun intended, but could be used !!] I have another shot which i think was taken just before this one, same perspective, but I have changed the image dimensionsfrom landscape to portrait, and I have written a few words on the bottom [words not included in sample below], and it certainlydoes give it a better perspective

Regards

Jake
Old May 14, 2004, 4:00 PM   #4

Cal, the same pic with aspect changed [perhaps not fair, cheating is perhaps the word, but it certainly looks better] Thanks again for your input

Jake
Old May 14, 2004, 4:39 PM   #5

great idea!! i see wat calr is saying....and once you change a couple things....maybe take it earlier with the new angle....it will look fantastic!!

nice work!

keep it up....and keep posting
photosbyvito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2004, 6:59 PM   #6

My $.02. I like the second photo. The one not about to wash away the footprints. It's the minimalism and simplicity that works for me. As for your photo of choice I think the second view of portrait rather than landscape works better because it narrows the focus bringing your eye to the prints and does give the illusion of a different perspective.

Suzan
ImKayd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2004, 7:04 PM   #7

I like the second photo as well. The first one makes it look as if the feet were enormous:-)
aladyforty is offline   Reply With Quote