Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Jun 6, 2004, 10:11 PM   #1

Can anyone guess what I did to get this effect? It's not done digitally.....

Guitarman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 6, 2004, 10:13 PM   #2

well...technically...even if you didn't play with it on the pc....your camera is a digital...so it was digitally

but...

i'm guessing some kind of filter....

cool effect though!
photosbyvito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2004, 10:26 PM   #3

Yeah, it was a graduated filter.:-) I bought this guy's grab bag ofassorted camera stuff off ebay a couple weeks ago for 30 bucks shipped. There was so much stuff that you couldn't really make out from the guy's picture what a lot ofit was, but there were several lens cases in it, and I was looking for a bag or case for a lensI have so Ifigured I'd take a chance. Anyway, when I got the box from theguyI was pretty well floored. I got an aluminum lens case, a hard leather one that fits my 50mm lens perfectly, a Vivitar polarizer filter, a vivitar lens hood, aCokin filter case with 5 filters in it and a mounting kit, and a Sakar .42 wide angle lens! I couldn't beleive I got all thisstuff for this price. The bad news about the lens, though, is that there's a film of some sort on the innerside of the front glass, that if you focus on something farther than about a foot away, becomes obvious that it's there. You have to really look hard to tell it's there if you're taking a macro with it, though. I'm gonna run it by our local photo shop and askthem if it can be disassembled and cleaned.... might be worth a try. Anyway, I got lots of new toys to play with this week!
Old Jun 8, 2004, 10:02 AM   #4

I had the same filter (a kokan I think) for my film camera and it helps with some good images.
aladyforty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8, 2004, 1:52 PM   #5

Thats a cool looking pic! I actually like the effect, cause it makes my eyes feel strange.

And gotta love that EBay!
Jenni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8, 2004, 5:31 PM   #6

Thanks! I thought it was pretty cool looking, it was the first time I had put that filter on the camera. I literally had no idea what I'd see when I looked through the viewfinder. I don't think it's a filter I'll use every day, but it's pretty cool.