Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Jul 10, 2004, 10:51 AM   #1

Here's a shot of a small waterfall I found in a local park. It's compressed for ease of posting butagain hopefully enough of the detail is still present. The original file doesn't have all the noise present in this posted file, buthopefully you all can see through it...

Dave...
Attached Images

DaveN is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 10, 2004, 10:54 AM   #2

very nicely done dave!

did you use an ND filter? or just good time of day?

well.it worked ! nice....i'd like to see a color version too!

good job!

Vito
photosbyvito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 2004, 10:54 AM   #3

btw...i love the water effect...very nice

Vito
photosbyvito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 2004, 11:00 AM   #4

No filters as yet... Time of day was approximately 8:00pm CST (which is right before total darkness but after sundown). Still debating on which filter to purchase first, as I am still learning photography. I have only had THIS camera a month and a half, and am still learning it. Here's the color version of this shot as well. Again more noise in this one as opposed to the original, so forgive the noise please.

Dave...
Attached Images

Old Jul 10, 2004, 11:14 AM   #5

I think they're very good. And if you really are so new to photography they're exceptional. I prefer the colour.

As for the filter. Most people (myself included) go for a polarizer. It'll be the most useful. Take a nose at this pdf file for more info.

http://www.popphoto.com/pdfs/2002/0902/Polarizer.pdf
ferny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 2004, 11:29 AM   #6

nice shot, it looks good black and white:-)
aladyforty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 2004, 11:35 AM   #7

ferny wrote:
Quote:
I think they're very good. And if you really are so new to photography they're exceptional. I prefer the colour.

As for the filter. Most people (myself included) go for a polarizer. It'll be the most useful. Take a nose at this pdf file for more info.

http://www.popphoto.com/pdfs/2002/0902/Polarizer.pdf
Ferny,

Thank-you very much for the compliments AND filter info. I've been debating between UV Haze or Polarizer filters as far as first purchase, and have been leaning toward Polarizer anyway. Must get adapter first though and operating on relatively small budget (with three daughters), so waiting for the right time/price situation if you know what I mean. Truthfully though, I got my first camera last November (Kodak DX6440), and put it through the paces, but was able to buy the 6490 a month and a half ago. So that IS the depth of my photographic experience.

Dave...
Old Jul 10, 2004, 11:36 AM   #8

aladyforty wrote:
Quote:
nice shot, it looks good black and white:-)
Thank-you 'aladyforty',

B/W is my preferrence too...

Dave...
Old Jul 10, 2004, 1:39 PM   #9

This is a wonderful photo. I love the b&w the contrast is super but most of all I love the movement here. Well done. Since I don't know the numbers what is your new camera.

Suzan
ImKayd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 2004, 3:57 PM   #10

ImKayd1 wrote:
Quote:
This is a wonderful photo. I love the b&w the contrast is super but most of all I love the movement here. Well done. Since I don't know the numbers what is your new camera.

Suzan
Thanks for the compliment. My camera is the Kodak DX6490, 4MP with 10X optical zoom. (Quick Kodak plug): The camera is great in just 'Auto' mode, but also has enough access to manual features to be able to experiment and learn this great hobbie, with the economy of digital to be able to make plenty of mistakes, but learn how to make good photos also. But with anything else, it's all about learning how to use what you got. My first digital was the Kodak DX6440-4MP 4X optical zoom, and more basic access to manual features. I got GREAT results with it, and only got my 6490 because it allowed me to experiment further with the manual settings and gave me further zoom with a great lense.