Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Sep 24, 2004, 8:19 AM   #1

This is at the Morton Arboretum in suburban Chicago. 1700 arces of virgin timber and glacial lakes....very rare in this part of the country.

Sponsored Links
Old Sep 24, 2004, 12:11 PM   #2

Very nice!

By the way, how do I post two images in one post? I tried multi-selecting in browse, but it didn't let me. Do I have to choose an image, then preview, then choose another? Or do I have to link the image from another site?
DanielT2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2004, 2:29 PM   #3

There are probably other ways but I post my photos in PhotoBucket.com first. That posting provides a URL link which you can select, then Copy. In this forum, log in and select New Topic which opens a Post a New Topic window. In the row of options which includes font and color selection there is an icon that has 3 dots, one red, one blue and one green. When you select thaticon, it opens another window where you Paste the link you had copied from PhotoBucket. That will display the image for you. Once the first one is in, I do a Ctrl End, then Enter which gets my cursor one line below the first photo. Then repeat that process for as many as you want to line up. You can type between shots or not, it's up to you. Before doing all of this, you should have all of your shots posted at Photobucket or wherever else you post, just so you're ready with all the URL's you will need. Another option I've used is to just paste the URLs into the body of your text or below your first photo. Thisprovides links to your shots vs actual display of them. That takes less room and the viewer can look at whatever they please.

Ask away...that's how we all learn and I enjoy teaching....and thx for the compliment!

Also, as I've done just now, you can edit your post by selecting edit then add text or more images to your original. This little paragraph is added after the previous info.....Hope this helps...

Old Sep 24, 2004, 2:37 PM   #4

at one point..i had it working to where i could post multiple images...but it was weird...only a couple of them would work...

i would upload it, preview, copy the URL, paste it in the [img] tags...and repeat till i had them all...

but at least one would have the red X every time :-\

btw....nice shots of a beautiful spot

Vito
photosbyvito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2004, 2:43 PM   #5

I stopped using the [img] tags totallyawhile ago. I had so much trouble it wasn;t worth the hastle. Then again, I was posting to two sites and getting mixed results. The only inconsistency is that at Photobucket, you can size allimages thesame (800 pixels on the longest side) and they still come out different sizes whendisplayed.....I think it'salso related to file size but I'm not sure. I've been using these cursed machines since they were inventedand still can't figure them out completely....Having much more luck with URLs from Photobucket overall though.