Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Oct 11, 2004, 1:47 PM   #1

digcamfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 11, 2004, 2:11 PM   #2

I really like the third shot. The dark shadow at the bottom is distracting, but the contrasting color is great!
ohenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2004, 2:42 PM   #3

Thanks, Ohenry

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder! I thought the third photo was the lesser of the hat trick

The dark shadow was intentionally left in to suggest a fade to dusk...I used the flash on the third pic. Feel to crop out and submit on this thread if you want

It is, to me, a wonderful lil' puzzle of nature that leaves on the same branch "colorize" at different times
Old Oct 11, 2004, 2:56 PM   #4

digcamfan wrote:
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder! I thought the third photo was the lesser of the hat trick

definetely true...i like the middle one the colors are beautiful, the sky looks great

good job digcamfan

Vito

photosbyvito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2004, 3:12 PM   #5

Ahhh...flash falloff...that would explain the shadow. No need for me to crop it. It's fine the way it is. I also liked the second shot. I feel as if the shadows are a bit too dark on the first, but the second one captured it much better. I also prefer the composition of the 2nd over the first. Nice diagonal line achieved and strong color contrast divided in 3. Perhaps I preferred the 3rd over the others because it is different. But, you are correct in your comment regarding the eye of the beholder. We all see something differently when we view things.

Did you use a polarizer on the first 2?
Old Oct 11, 2004, 4:32 PM   #6

Yes, I did use a polarizer but not by design...can you believe it???

The filterwas tighter than...a gnat's posterior stretched over a rain barrel in a drought and I could not remove it so attached my wide angle over the polarizer.

I used my wide angle lens and cropped out the corner vignetting that I knew would occur with the polarizer between lens and wide angle lens.

I did not have a channel locks so went to hardware store to borrow theirs to remove it but their locks were too small. The hardware guy suggested a vise. I placed my E20 in the vise and "left to borrowed device" was able to release the filter. Almost makes my want to put a lil bit of WD 40 on the threads...almost!
Old Oct 11, 2004, 7:25 PM   #7

YIKES!