Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Oct 23, 2004, 8:22 PM   #1

Inspiration Point

Attached Images

Tomsch is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 23, 2004, 10:07 PM   #2

Wow, the colors of the trees are stunning, and that is a very cool looking waterfall, too. That is a very nice shot. Our local state parks are pretty, but we have nothing like this.
Guitarman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 2004, 3:59 PM   #3

Tomsch, Iwas also there onSat. 10/23. Nice place,first time there for me. The gorge was filled with heavy fog first thing in the morning and had to work around that til about 10 a m. Like your shot , Heres one I tookand left the bridge in so people can get somewhat of an idea of the depth and distance we are working with. Steve
shake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 2004, 4:29 PM   #4

great shot tom! beautiful colors and nice solid lighting!

i love the fog!

beautiful water effect!

may i ask wat time it was when you shot it?

Vito
photosbyvito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2004, 1:09 AM   #5

Vito, this was early in the morning at 8 :30am. As Shake has indicated it was foggy. It was so foggy that in my shot the Rail Road bridge is not visible. You can also see the effects of shooting before the sun washes out all the color. The trees were intensified by the use of a Moose Peterson warming circular polarizer. I also stack a Tiffen intensifier to make the color pop, this was shot at [email protected] with +1 compensation. Many will tell you that you do not need these filters and can create the effects in Photo Shop and this may well be for experienced users but I like to try to get it right at the time of the actual exposure. If you do not capture the dynamics of a shot .they are difficult to create later in processing. It was overcast most of the day, could not have been much better. It is a super Park for a photography buff.
Old Oct 25, 2004, 1:25 AM   #6

Beautiful shot. I looked up the warming filter and the Moose Peterson filteron the web and this is what I came up with. http://www.vividlight.com/articles/304.htm Thanks for expanding my horizons.

Suzan
ImKayd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2004, 1:39 AM   #7

yeah tom, better to get it right the moment of shooting

great philosophy to go by in photography...i'm afraid, digital age is making that philosophy wane...

well, successfull capture

Vito
photosbyvito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2004, 7:13 AM   #8

Vito, if in fact that part of photography does get replaced by PhotoShop we may as well save up for computer upgrades by selling all our photographic equipment. Just go to the store and buy the National parks stock photo DVD and pick the one you want, select the proper season filter. Paste Mom and Aunt Zelda in the shot and your done! Never even left the house and your new travel album is complete. Hey the new "Sunny Sixteen Rule", thats how many wallet size will fit on an 8X10 with a border. Yup the times they are a changin'..........