Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Nov 10, 2004, 11:53 PM   #1

Several years ago, I took a series of shots of some cave art (without flash) and I'm hoping to modify the photos so that you can easily pick out the pictographs. There must be a way to do this. I have played with brightness, contrast, negatives, hue, saturation, glowing edges, and I just can't get the images to stand out.

Here is one sample of an unmodified picture. There is a figure near the crack (they apparently often feared large cracks in the earth like this and put a figure next to it as if to protect them from the underworld (from what I recall...hope that is recalled correctly).

Note the white marks near the smaller crack...as if to try to stitch the crack back up. I'm pretty sure they said the circle was meant to represent the tribe or family. There is a dark figure on the left lower part, too. There are series of squiggles in this picture, and more often, dots and lines of dots in other pictures for some ancient record keeping.

ANYWAY, if anyone wants to see all of them, I could post them or email them. But mostly, could someone help me to make the images stand out so they are easy to see for smaller children????

Thanks for any attempts. Please post your tries and any indication of how you modified them. If the image is too small, i could email the larger version.

:-D THANKS!!!
Attached Images

WisconsinGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 11, 2004, 11:20 AM   #2

Here's a slight adjustment that might help

Edit...after looking at it, I'm not sure it does help make the pictographs stand out any better
Attached Images

ohenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2004, 12:50 PM   #3

I may just shot the students the first picture, ask them to see what they can find, and then give them this version if I can't accentuate it naturally:

Attached Images

Old Nov 11, 2004, 12:54 PM   #4

Here is another one...
Attached Images

Old Nov 11, 2004, 12:55 PM   #5

and with highlighted areas...

They called this one the Three Bears
Attached Images