Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Jan 11, 2005, 7:27 PM   #1

I've been thinking of framing this image and selling at our local artisan shop. I was thinking of a black glossy frame, simple yet classy, or do you think white? I just found out that frames existed this week, so I have been having tons of fun with this new-found toy in Elements.

Feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!

Attached Images

WisconsinGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 11, 2005, 9:40 PM   #2

Very nice shot, your work is awesome! Framed in black would be a nice touch, good luck with it.
fireman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2005, 1:58 AM   #3

I second fireman! Great.

Canna.
Canna W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2005, 2:53 AM   #4

Make that a third! Black rules...for this purpose, IMHO.

Best regards, KennethD
KENNETHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2005, 11:18 PM   #5

Very nice W.C. I'm sure you could sell this one. Black would also be my choice for a frame. Looks like you're mastering your Rebel. Nice work I've seen from you lately. Cheers.....thekman.
thekman620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2005, 6:46 AM   #6

Thanks everyone! I'm actually having a lot of trouble with making my shutter speed go above 200 for some reason. I was trying to capture some water drops the other day and the quickest it would go in any mode was 1/200. Still trying to work out all the kinks, but I'm happy to just be making progress!!

:-)
Old Jan 14, 2005, 12:17 PM   #7

It's a FANTASTIC shot. Definitely black frame (for no other reason than I think white would be less popular with potential buyers). A couple other suggestions, having really nothing to do with the pic itself.

(1) The image has a drop shadow added to it, but the words do not. This makes the words look really, really flat. I would add a very small drop shadow (or outer emboss) to the white words to make them match the "depth" of the image.

(2) I'd move the words down a bit, if possible. They overlap the drop shadow and, to me, seem to crowd the image. Maybe that means adding a little larger border.

Other than that, it's great. The image is fantastic, the subject, composition and even little falling snowflakes are great. The caption adds a lot. I usually hate computer-added borders, but it's perfect here (both the border on the image itself and the blue background). Super impressed.

Oh, your shutter speed problem -- were you using the camera's on board flash? I believe the camera prohibits you from shooting at less than 1/200 when you use the on camera flash (because the flash can't sync any faster than that so you wouldn't get any light from the flash if your shutter speed were above 1/200). But that's a question for NHL or someone more experienced.... Anyway, great job.

perdendosi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2005, 3:40 PM   #8

Thanks so much! I thought the text was a little close, but I had hoped to keep the image at 4X6, and wanted to allow room around the edge for the purchased frame. I like your ideas, so now I need to play some more and see what I can come up with.

I purchased a few different frames to try out with the image and I'm putting together some other images as samples for when I go in to meet the lady in charge of the shop.

Thanks, and any other comments/criticisms are gladly encouraged.