Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Feb 19, 2005, 5:24 PM   #1
Super Moderator

Hmm, I think it would have been rather better to put all today's Gunnersbury Park photos in one thread. Never mind - I'll do that next time. In the meantime if anyone would like to comment on more than one photo please don't worry about commenting in the wrong thread, all comments gratefully received.

20D, EF-S 17-85mm, @17mm, f6.3, 1/640s, ISO400
Attached Images

peripatetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 20, 2005, 12:59 AM   #2

Hi Peripatetic,

I used to go to Gunnersbury Park a lot & I think this pic celebrates it's spirit very nicely. Bless all those ancestors who thought long-term and planted great trees!

abw, Canna.

Canna W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2005, 3:06 PM   #3
Super Moderator

Bob,

Thanks, the funny thing was that when I first saw this picture I thought how wonderful the colour was, and the interplay of light and shadow.

Then I remembered reading something which said that with digital photography a great B&W photo usually starts with lots of bright saturated colours. I tried it in B&W and it turned into a different picture, one that I liked more.

Here's the uncropped original..

Canna,

Yes - I love the park (hence the decision to take it on as a personal photography project) I think if I remember the history correctly the Rothschilds owned it in the 18 & 19th centuries so those trees weren't planted for us probably more for great-grandchildren :-) but I agree that it's a great idea to plant trees, even if we don't get the full benefit of them, I'm sure glad someone planted the ones we've got now.
Attached Images

peripatetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24, 2005, 10:10 AM   #4

Hi, I like the sun very much, the sun light rays directly come to our eyes. With a very good composition.
trungthu is offline   Reply With Quote