Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Mar 13, 2005, 11:11 AM   #1

A hole in the otherwise heavy cloud cover allowed for the harshly lit water. Raw conversion in RSE, B&W conversion in PSP8 using a script that simulates an orange filter. Comments, please.

Lou

Attached Images

derbunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 13, 2005, 11:26 AM   #2

I can honestly say I don't care for it. I am not sure what you were trying to achieve but the high contrast has hidden most of the detail. If it was a silhouette that you were trying to achieve, that didn't work either, for the same reason. Spot metering on the center of the bridge would have brought out more of the detail but may have blown out the highlights.

You might want to try a B&W conversion without using a script. Try the B&W conversion in PSP or reduce the saturation to zero. After doing either of those, you may have to tweak the contrast.

Now, on the other hand, if this picture turned out the way you wanted it to, who am I to say it is wrong. You are the photographer. You need to satisfy your own creative needs. My objective with a picture like this may be completely different from yours.

Have a good day.
Cal Rasmussen
calr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2005, 12:49 PM   #3

Viewing this now on my mac with its CRT monitor, the contrast is much more harsh than on the PC / LCD on which it was edited. I wish that this old iMac would run the newer editors, but that's a no-go. I'll have a look at the brighter, flatter versions I have and try to post a re-edit later on.
Thanks for the input.

Lou
Old Mar 14, 2005, 9:56 AM   #4

Here's the re-edit. Desaturated in the raw converter and cropped and sharpened in PSP.

Lou

Attached Images