Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Apr 5, 2005, 8:09 PM   #1

This is my addition to the subject. It was taken looking across Subic Bay in the Philippines. The color in this sunset lasted for only about 2 or three minute's. I can't decide if the boats add or detract from the photo, I'd like to hear your opinions

Thanks

Terry
Attached Images

tleonhar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 5, 2005, 9:44 PM   #2

beautiful shot, the boats do add interest to the shot, but I agree with you, I'm not sure if it detracts,
fireman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5, 2005, 11:40 PM   #3

I like it. The boats do add a little interest. Nice shot. Sunsets are never boring. Everyone of them is different. They're my weakness. Can't seem to pass one up if I have the time.... Cheers.....thekman.
thekman620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 2005, 7:58 PM   #4

Thanks for the nice comments...

Terry
Old Apr 7, 2005, 10:23 AM   #5
Super Moderator

I think the shot has enormous potential but is slightly unsatisfying at the moment.

Just some suggestions:

1. The palm fronds are very annoying - either crop or clone stamp them out.
2. Explore some alternative crops - I think the picture has 3 elements, sunset, boat, boys. I'm not sure if there's a crop that will keep them all and have a satisfactory composition but here's something that seems quite interesting to me.

Attached Images

peripatetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7, 2005, 12:01 PM   #6

I like the original shot. I have spent some time in Subic Bay back in the late 60's when there was a US Navy base there and Cubi Point Naval Air Station. I know the US Navy is no longer there but I am curious where this was shot from. Also wondering about the hills in the background. I know there is an island at the entrance to the bay that used to be used as a recreational area by the US Navy. I remember a beautiful swimming beach with warm water that was crystal clear. There was also a beautiful picnic and party area in the center of the island. So the question is, is that the island I remember in the background of the picture? Second, was this shot from Cubi Point?

Cal Rasmussen
calr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7, 2005, 7:42 PM   #7

This is actually across the bay from Cubi point, very nice beach there too. You can't see the airstrip from this beach since this one is much further in the bay from where the airstrip is. The airstrip is still very much in use today, it is now the FedEx Asia Pacific distribution hub.

Terry