Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old May 13, 2005, 4:43 PM   #1

Well, I have been debating over whether to share this image with you. But whenever I sit down to look at it, I truly become mesmerized. This is a photograph taken from my front yard. The hill in the background is somewhat exaggerated because this was taken with my 10X zoom lens. It was taken later in the afternoon or early evening after a rather long, stormy day. I call it the "Vanishing View" because the land has been sold to a developer, and the view we have enjoyed for the last 27 years is going to be ruined, obstructed by a number of "beautiful" new homes.
Attached Images

jphess is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 13, 2005, 6:35 PM   #2

i know how you feel... it's a shame when natural beauty gets trampled under so a developer can make a fortune building nests for all the lemmings... you might want to get some shots from that hilltop before it becomes private property and you can't get up there anymore... i bet THAT view is spectacular...
squirl033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2005, 9:45 PM   #3

The 10x zoom makes it difficult to feel sure this would work, but my first inclination is to suggest that you - immediately - plant some fast-growing trees to help screen the new houses from view.
Herb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2005, 11:46 PM   #4

What a blow for you! It is a beautiful view. How come the developers got permission to build on such alovely natural resourse?

Caroline.

Canna W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20, 2005, 12:32 PM   #5

This is a rural community, and the city fathers have for years tried to restrict growth. But this particular piece of property was purchased by a developer several years ago, and he finally has been able to convince the City that it's time to expand. Here is another one of my morning views that greet me each day.
Attached Images

jphess is offline   Reply With Quote