Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old May 17, 2005, 2:12 AM   #1

At the end ofour "fly fishing day" posted below,the sun had just set and my sonshouted at me to look at the moon, and the airliner which"seemed" it would collide with the moon. I had my wide angle lense on, so I dashed to my bag, fitted the 100-400, discovered my memory card was full, quickly changed that and shot into the sky [Eddie Murphy style], and here is the "unusual" result. I was quite impressed with the 100-400's [with IS] ability to catch the moon's detailsas well as the plane's details so well in such a rushedmoment [visible if zoomed in on the original, if I knew planes, I would possibly be able to tell the model - a twin jet with upturned wing-tips??]

Anyway, I think it made for an interesting pic [even if we didn't catch any fish !!]

Regards
Attached Images

JakeTPegg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 17, 2005, 11:52 AM   #2

Very nice shot...especially for a "quickie". There are quite a few newer aircraft built with "winglets" on the end. I think they are supposed to help decrease turbulent airflow on the wingtips. I know the Airbus a320 family has them. Maybe you can post a zoom and crop of the aircraft if you are interested in someone making a stab at identifying it.
StevenBVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30, 2005, 12:41 AM   #3

Very good. Reminds me of the shuttle.
zolbol is offline   Reply With Quote