Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Jul 5, 2005, 6:54 PM   #1

A truly wonderful place. A quote I read somewhere goes something like "...the Grand Canyon tolerates people much in the same way it tolerates the ants which crawl upon the ground ... it will be standing long after both are gone".

An early morning hike (just after sunrise) down into the canyon. If you ever go, I highly recommend going down at least a little bit - the change in perspective is amazing.

This next is one of my favorites - I think it really shows how insignificant we are in comparison.

The last morning had a lot of mist. I wish I could have done a better job capturing the mood, but when I look back at all the photos I took they all seem so much less than the real experience...

Here is the rest of the album if you are interested. Thanks for looking!

http://john-g.smugmug.com/gallery/636971
JohnG is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 5, 2005, 7:18 PM   #2

Great pictures. I like picture 1 & 3 for the deep colours and contrast, and I really like the misty shot. Nice work

Simon
simonknutson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 2005, 8:09 PM   #3

Awesome shots, JohnG. I like the 1st and 3rd the best, but man, that misty one is thought provoking. I'd never be able to walk up to the edge as I am scared to death of height's, so thanks for posting as the pics don't bother me, LOL.

Bob
Bob Mevis is offline   Reply With Quote