Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Aug 1, 2005, 6:49 PM   #1

Took this one at the local beach. A flower bed clock. As you can see, it's quite large. Don't know if it keeps as good a time as a Rolex, but you never know. Lol. Testing out my new camera (bought an istDS), and was shooting in RAW for the first time. My, the adjustments available in RAW format are quite astonishing. Had no idea it was that flexable. Will probably continue doing so from now on, as it seems almost limitless as far as white balance and exposure changes are concerned. From what I'd read from others, I thought processing might take forever, but it seemed to go smoothly for me. Anyway, I'm learning how to use a DSLR, as it's quite a change from a p & s. Hope to be able to get the hang of it in not too long a time. Cheers.......thekman.
Attached Images

thekman620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 1, 2005, 6:51 PM   #2

Hi Kman! Pretty cool clock! Congrats on the new dslr, look forward to seeing many photos from it!

Bob
bhammitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1, 2005, 9:08 PM   #3

bhammitt wrote:
Quote:
Hi Kman! Pretty cool clock! Congrats on the new dslr, look forward to seeing many photos from it!

Bob

Hey Bob. Ya, it's a neat looking clock. The perimeter has water flowing down it, but you can't tell by the photo. Having fun with the new camera. Quite a change from my FZ20. Easier to change settings et such on the fly, but more involved with setting apertures for the right conditions. I like a challenge for learning, so now I have one. Cheers....thekman.
thekman620 is offline   Reply With Quote