Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Nov 8, 2006, 2:40 AM   #11

A quick search on rambot's posts reveal she / he is perhaps NOT partially sighted, but rather having a joke and just making a laughing stock out of him or herself. Check these out as some examples.

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...635849#p635849

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...635838#p635838

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...635981#p635981

He has already caused offence in another post to a member of this forum (not me).

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...635991#p635991

Sad.

I have pm'd one of the mods asking them to remove this clown.If I'm wrong and this person is really partially sighted I'll apologise and eat my hat. but I doubt I'll have to buy a hat to eat in this case....

Paul
pj1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2006, 5:24 PM   #12

this clown for your information is really partially sighter, a friends of mine was here and put the stupid pictures up there having a laugh,
dont worry about getting me removed, i dont want to be a member of a site that hjs not get a sense of humour anyway,

rambot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2006, 12:17 AM   #13

A sense of humor is one thing, but to hijack a ladies thread and post your own picture of someone's butt with toilet paper hanging out is inexcusable, partial sighted or not. That is the action of an immature idiot.
Hawgwild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2006, 6:55 AM   #14

rambot,

If you are really partially sighted I have a few questions to you. If you're really partially sighted.... What is your exactly sight condition? I have experience (in my own family) with partially sighted people... (severely limited vision). Explain your condition medically if you can.

What is / are your cameras? Please keep all your photos with EXIF information that might be able to help us if we try to give feedback on your actual photos.

Tell me what monitor / display system you are using on your computer. (Model, brandand number). I am aware of what your needs would be.

And how can you know that (I quote): "I... got the light and focus just right" when to those of us blessed / fortunate enough with better sight can see it is NOT in focus (and exposure is quite off too). I doubt a severely partially sighted person would (publically) make these claims.

And how can you read the text on these forums and yet not know that your photos were way out?

The same with the "plane at Heathrow" shot and your other moon photos (which are all "way out" in terms of focus, sharpness, exposure, etc... sorry to tell you!) . I've been to Heathrow more than dozens of times, you don't have to wait 4 hours for ANY plane (there are several 747's each hour!) On average a jet plane lands each 50 seconds on the main runway/s if my memory serves me correctly.

Your posts all have a sense of someone having a laugh (behind the veil of a sight impairment). I could be wrong... I know. But it just smells too much like something fishy is going on.

And if a friend of yours put the other (silly) photos up (e.g. guy with his tongue hanging out of his mouth and aforementioned toilet paper hanging out of bottom) - then why didn't you mention this straight away (in your very next post) that it wasn't you who posted them (and them delete the offensive posts / photosaccordingly).

Also if you (new member) maintain they (stupid photos) are "in humour".... then why bother apologising for them and saying this forum is without humour? Just realise we (I guess I'd say the forum consensus) don't seem to think the humour is on here...

Some practical information: Log out after you've posted things on this forum, and keep your password / login information private, for your knowledge only! That should stop other people posting threads in your name. (delete internet explorer cookies if in doubt).

There is a "funny photos" section of this website (forums) however which I've contributed photos to. Maybe that's more your style. Just still be aware not all people appreciate each others' sense of humour. I always try to play it on the safe side.

Paul
Old Nov 10, 2006, 7:23 AM   #15

rambot,

Another thing or two... that makes it seem a bit too "fishy"!... (anyone can find this out doing a search on rambot's posted photos)! Very easy detective stuff!

The offensive / hijacking a threadposts you put up were made within a few minutes (I'm talking 2 or 3 minutes!) of other (supposedly more "serious") posts of your (the out of focus shots under the (possible) guise of a partially sighted person...

How is THAT possible? Huh? You joined the forum on 7th Nov 2006. Your first post (at 16:10) is an offensive one: http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...635833#p635833

Your 2nd photo equally stupid. (2 minutes later) http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...635838#p635838

Then you (or someone using your login name) changed forum section and posted something else (again stupid) under the guise of night photography6 minutes later)http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...635843#p635843

Don't bother downloading the photo on that link.. it's just a photo of a guy with some beer glasses on his head looking upwards... I guess this is where you're "partially sighted" idea was born, right?

Then changed forum section again (3 minutes later) posting the "moon shot" (toilet paper photo again) in smiles thread. (I guess by now you had the idea to post some stupid photos based on the night/ moon photography theme, right?). Then in the next few minutes you postsome more photos which are all poor quality photos ..

(So we can establish they were all you because you logged in and first photos were offensive / stupid)

A few hours later (20:16) you post a thread saying you miss a link or something, and just 2 minutes after that you say: "it was only a joke". Some minutes after that you post another (out of focus) photo.

So see the evidence? It's clear as daylight to me!!

I could go on and on with your other posts, (But I don't have time or motivation now anymore) with all your other posts, showing it is highly unlikely (if not basically impossible with internet speed, post times, typing and changing forum sections) that you aren't a joker / clown hiding behind all this. It is also highly improbable that if you're partially sighted you'd post like this (psychologically it doesn't add up).

Sorry mate, it just doesn't make sense you pretending that it wasn't you, that you are partially sighted, etc, etc.

Maybe there are other places on the internet or other people you can meet with to share your type of humour. I just think it actually is damaging to partially sighted people and not constructive to this wonderful forum. Anyway, we'll carry on regardless. You'll probably just get banned (removed) by the moderatorsif you try more stupid stuff.

Do everyone a favour (including yourself). Admit your mistake and say sorry.

Paul
Old Nov 26, 2006, 1:09 PM   #16

fuck you wanker, i am partially sighted and suffer from WET macular disfunction,
get a life and a sense of humor.

Old Nov 26, 2006, 1:11 PM   #17

why do you only want the good stuff, i take it poor quality photos dont count then
Old Nov 26, 2006, 2:21 PM   #18

Nice to see the "Banned" under this losers name! Very appropriate!
Cyber Surfer is offline   Reply With Quote