Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Oct 1, 2005, 12:04 AM   #1

I'll admit it - I am a novice at this, but I am learning. Hubby and I just returned last week from Alask where we went for a 14-day vacation to celebrate our Silver Wedding Anniversary.

I took a LOT of pictures while we were there - with my trusty Olympus C2100UZ. Most of them were taken while we were moving. Either on a bus, a boat, a train, or on the Coral Princess (where we spent our 2nd week). For the most part I was contending with rain, crowds, movement, and shooting thru windows. Surprisingly many of the pictures turned out VERY well.

I thought I might share some of my favorites with you. I hope that you will enjoy them.

~Tiger
Attached Images

TigerLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 1, 2005, 7:03 AM   #2

Hi Tigerlady! This photo and around the bend are quite nice, this one is composed beautifully, the scenery is stunning! Excellent work, especially considering you had to contend with movement and windows.

Bob H.

p.s. I hope you share more photos from your trip!
bhammitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1, 2005, 9:30 AM   #3

Aboslutely gorgeous scene. You captured it very nicely.:-)
LadyhawkVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1, 2005, 11:37 AM   #4

I am so glad that you enjoyed the pictures. So many pictures are in this forum that are taken by (what seems to me) to be masters of the camera - that I was really hesitant about posting mine here for fear that they could never even hope to compare... and that mine would be laughed right out of town.

~Tiger
Old Oct 2, 2005, 5:44 PM   #5

TigerLady wrote:
Quote:
... I was really hesitant about posting mine here for fear that they could never even hope to compare... and that mine would be laughed right out of town.
I know exactly what you mean. I thought I was a pretty decent amateur photographer until I started spending time on this forum and realized how much I still have to learn. I haven't had the courage to post anything here yet (except my avatar), but some of my photos can be seen here.

Very nice shot. I also understand the frustration of shooting from moving busses and trains. That was my only complaint of my two weeks in Alaska. I'd love to go back some day at a more leisurely pace.
DaveLundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2, 2005, 7:14 PM   #6

GREAT PHOTO...MAKES ME WANT TO GO TO ALASK....KEEP ON POSTING
weesieO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3, 2005, 11:50 AM   #7

Your photo evokes a great curiosity!

Just who lives in that red house by the lake

Splendid photo!

Nice to see a 2100uz still out there and performing well

I wish Olympus would offer upgrade of the 2100to Compact Flash and >= 5 megapixels.

I would go for it
digcamfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3, 2005, 6:49 PM   #8

Yes, I am curious about who lives in that house, too. I wonder would they rent it out? But it is faaaaaaaaar away from any grocery/convenience stores. Much to think on.

And yes, the Uzi is a wonderful camera. My 2nd digicam and I just LOVE it. And yes, I wish that they would upgrade it to a 5MP, or larger as well. But I would not take for it, that's for sure!

And thank you fine folks for the compliments. I am glad that you are enjoying the pictures!

~Tiger

Old Oct 4, 2005, 3:34 PM   #9

You know, I've been looking through these vacation posts, and maybe we could start a campaign to get the bus and train lines to put in a few "optically correct" windows in each bus/rail car. Only people with cameras would be allowed those seats.

Man, I'd be hard pressed to get shots that good on good ol' terra firma, never mind from a bus! I got some decent pix at Lake Powell, Arizona/Utah from a moving speed boat, but there was no glass in the way.

Grant
granthagen is offline   Reply With Quote