Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Oct 23, 2005, 12:52 PM   #1

I pass this building every day, so I figured it was about time I took some pictures, this is cross posted from the architechture forum: I hope no-one minds.

John.
Attached Images

John Maddock is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 23, 2005, 12:53 PM   #2

And the "picture postcard" view:
Attached Images

Old Oct 23, 2005, 6:24 PM   #3

I have to chuckle when I look at this building, not that it is funny, but as an American this building is probably older than the town I live in. I had a friend from India who just thought it was a riot how we visit historical places. He said they still lived in buildings older than our history. It is a beautiful building. I counted ten or more chimneys. Are there that many fireplaces in it?
torgrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 2005, 4:24 AM   #4

torgrot wrote:
Quote:
I have to chuckle when I look at this building, not that it is funny, but as an American this building is probably older than the town I live in. I had a friend from India who just thought it was a riot how we visit historical places. He said they still lived in buildings older than our history. It is a beautiful building. I counted ten or more chimneys. Are there that many fireplaces in it?
No idea how many fireplaces it has: but historically every room would have had one, and the larger rooms like the council chamber or town hall, might have had more than one. These days of course, modernization has blocked these off or hidden them behind panelling. This is still very much a "used" building BTW, the hall is used for local functions, while the smaller rooms are offices and shops.

Oh, and it doesn't normally look this quiet around here: the shot was taken early on a sunday morning, but even then I had to time the shutter releases quite carefully to avoid the passing traffic!

John.