Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Nov 8, 2005, 5:13 PM   #1

Just started dabbling in landscape and I've enjoyed what little I've done. I'm impressed with some of your works here and enjoy viewing them. I've posted this pic on another board,and now,I've decidedto put it to the test here. This was a trip to East Tennessee the last week of October... and yet, the leaves were hardly turning at all. This was my first opportunity to photography a waterfall.

EDIT: Sorry, I changed my mind about which photo I was going to post AFTER I had the title of another already entered. Forgot to change the title, so it DOESN'T match the photo. Don't see a way to change it... so JUST IGNORE THE TITLE. (There's nothing like a big goof on my first time of posting is there!)

gracie328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 8, 2005, 7:00 PM   #2

Hi gracie438! Welcome to the landscape forum! Beautiful photo, excellent exposure and composition!!! Tennessee is a awesome place to photograph, hope we get to see more!

Bob H.
bhammitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2005, 8:01 PM   #3
Super Moderator

this looks good to me as well... good technique and good saturation!!

welcome indeed!

----------
dustin

www.hardwickphotos.com
Hards80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2005, 8:15 PM   #4

Thanks to both of you. I don't have a wide angle lens as of the current time. I suppose I have too many 'wants' and not enough 'bucks'. Had thought about a good sports lens as my next purchase, but I'm enjoying landscape so much, I'm just not sure what I want.
Old Nov 8, 2005, 11:22 PM   #5

very nicely done, Gracie. excellent exposure and color. the rocks, etc., seem just a teensy bit 'soft' (more a personal taste thing on my part than anything else), but i love the way you've made the water look like a soft, delicate mist. has a very serene, 'Japanese garden' sort of feel to it.
squirl033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2005, 5:32 AM   #6

Beautifully composed,great colours...very nice,indeed!
Andrew
shaggydoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2005, 9:26 AM   #7

Thanks everyone. I've still got a lot to learn, but I'm definitely addicted to photography at this point. I don't doubt there's some softness in the rocks. The closest thing I have to a wide angle isn't very 'wide'... nor is it extremely sharp. It's a 28-100 kit lens that came with my Maxxum 5 a couple of years ago. I have a Maxxum 7D right now, and have only purchased one good quality lens... but it's an 85mm, f/1.4... so I used the kit lens for this shot of course. Maybe I'll own a sharper wide anglesome day.
Old Nov 9, 2005, 9:45 AM   #8
Super Moderator

when you can afford it i recommend the tamron/km 17-35 2.8-4.. its a superb moderately wide lens that has a very useful focal range for alot of landscape duties..
Hards80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2005, 1:23 PM   #9

Thanks for the recommendation. I was looking at the new Minolta 11-18mm, f/4.5 to 5.6 DT lens. Do you think the Tamron would be a better choice? I know nothing about the new ones really, so I'm unsure. The aperture ability sounds better on the Tamron.
Old Nov 9, 2005, 4:06 PM   #10
LT7

Very Nice Picture, hope to see more. Nicely done on that waterfall. I feel your pain on the 28-100 kit lens that you are using with your 7D. I too have that challenge, but need to save for some better lenses. You do have the 85mm prime which I've read is pretty good.

LT
LT7 is offline   Reply With Quote