Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Nov 9, 2005, 5:13 PM   #1

Since I goofed and posted this title with the waterfall pic, I decided I'd go ahead and post the pic that was suppose to bewith that title. Sorry for the confusion. Again, these were taken on my Maxxum 7D with an old Maxxum 5 28-100 kit lens soit's a little lackingon thewide angle.

gracie328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 9, 2005, 6:28 PM   #2
Super Moderator

i really like the back half of this picture.. the rolling hills look great.. but i am not caring for the treeline in the front, it seems to disrupt the overall flow of the shot.. i think this one would have been great shot from in front of that treeline with a wider lens.. (i know i know, you don't have one, just giving you future direction :idea

---------
dustin

www.hardwickphotos.com
Hards80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2005, 7:10 PM   #3

Thanks. I appreciate constructive criticism as well as compliments. That's mostly how I've learned what I have thus far. Unfortunately, in this particular location, I was drivingdown a road (a back road with no traffic), and I just stopped in the middleand rolled down the passenger's side window, and shot...handheld. I almost always use a tripod, but that wasn't possible here. There's actually a drop off on the edge of the road there. I'm sureif my battery hadn'trun out that morning, I might could have found asimilarsetting where I could doasyou mentioned, but I'll have to make that attempt next year asjust about all the leaves havefaded and fallen in the last 48 hours.
Old Nov 10, 2005, 12:34 PM   #4

Very nice photo. The rolling hills are great.
LadyhawkVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2005, 2:01 PM   #5

Is it a real photo or a picture?. Beautiful!.
belibeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2005, 3:35 PM   #6

Thanks for the last two comments.
Quote:
Is it a real photo or a picture?. Beautiful!.

I promise... it's real.:lol: I see it on my way to church every Sunday...but honestly, this is the most colorful fallI ever remember here. Everythingoften goes from green to brown with nothing much inbetween. I supposethe amountof rainfall andtemps have been perfect to create such color this year.
Old Nov 11, 2005, 10:45 AM   #7

Wow, good colors! the colors here around Nashville were almost non-existent. What we had lasted only a few days, and the sun really had to be very bright to enjoy them.

Mugmar
Mugmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2005, 11:22 AM   #8

Hi Mugmar. I was up your way just last week. I thought it was pretty nice in certain areas (specifically along 65 just south of Nashville)... but other areas were pretty dull. Was on 840 a couple of weeks ago as we were heading to Gatlinburg. Not much on 840 at that time for sure.