Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Nov 11, 2005, 1:11 PM   #1

went out last night to test my new olympus e300 on a night shoot, this one pic i liked, was a cloudy dull night but only hoped to get some idea of what it could do. will nip back to this location when there is a clear sky and a moon and try get moon reflection in the water, i do like this shot but something i cant put my hand on im not 100% happy with, am amazed the ducks stayed pretty still ....bottom right !

Reanimator is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 11, 2005, 1:37 PM   #2
Super Moderator

i think you needed a little more ambient light for this one.. so i think your shoot when you get a nice moon in there will look awesome!!!
Hards80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2005, 2:53 PM   #3

yes mate totaly agree with u, i had the mood and mindset to go out and just try some, so u get home and look and try figure out what needs doing to improve it, clear sky would be great, so as soon as it is ill be back out, i have a second shot of the same but zoomed in which is lighter because its centered more on the street lighting

took a whole bunch so i know just where to go and what will work........hopefully!
Old Nov 12, 2005, 5:41 AM   #4

I'd expose this shot a little longer. Take a chance and bracket it for different shutter lengths. It might give it a little more life. If you can manage to work the moon in, it'll be a great shot. Cheers..........thekman.
thekman620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2005, 9:14 AM   #5

input gladly recieved thanks

i did play with it in photoshop but as the sky was full of misty light rain it became grainy, today is looking better so if no clouds roll in for the evening ill go for anohter few shots.

Old Nov 12, 2005, 1:03 PM   #6

another try at same scene

and i quiet like this with the stone and puddle in foreground but i couldnt loose the box thingon theleft that as a faint 2000 on it, clouds i like in this too, even though u couldnt see them, but u can see how fast they where moving

Old Nov 12, 2005, 1:32 PM   #7

The second and third ones are much better than the first. You're getting it. The light reflections in the water are great.
LadyhawkVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2005, 12:15 AM   #8
Super Moderator

that last one is my favorite i think... nice job on going back to the scene at a better time with your composition already in mind.. looks good!

---------
dustin

www.hardwickphotos.com
Hards80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2005, 1:34 PM   #9

got it figured out at last.........with my old c4040 i had no probs with night photos but it only had 4 secs exporure, was a bit stumped as to why these where so dark of my e300 with upto 30 seconds exposure, i had it on semi manual so camera did the f-stop for me as on c4040, but and its a big but! f22 on e300 is way way more than the c4040 could give.

so full manual about 12 seconds around f5 and this is the result.........tried a few different settings, i know im a bit dopey but it is different with a new camera till u get used to it

Old Nov 20, 2005, 11:34 AM   #10

I like what you did on your reshoot Reanimator. The 2nd one is my favorite. I like the reflection of the water leading my eye in the scene. Well done......thekman.
thekman620 is offline   Reply With Quote