Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Nov 23, 2005, 5:04 PM   #1

hi everyone.......took this shot today, had to sit for 45 mins in the bitter cold to wait for sun to set so i could actualy take soom shots, till it went down it was blindingly bright.

never seen it like this before with a big bank of mist along the top of the moors, pouring down into the valley, just a damn shame sun set behind it or coulda got some better shots.......anyway this is result of 4 joined......exposure was about 200 f8 as far as i can remember

tried to make it better but couldnt get it better than this :-(

Gary

Reanimator is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 24, 2005, 5:47 AM   #2

I love it when you get conditions like this: pity you couldn't get better lighting, you actually have to peer quite hard at that one to see what's going on (sorry). I've tried to take some similar "rivers-of-mist" shots from Dartmoor this week, but they're still on camera and to be honest I don't think I've done any better than you have! Basically it's a difficult subject, oh well ...

John.

p.s. I hope this doesn't sound unduely harsh, I'm just lamenting the poor response to high contrast situations from current cameras really! If in doubt bame the equipment :-)
John Maddock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2005, 1:41 PM   #3

yeah of all the places for the sun to be it was smack in the middle !!

tired various setting but cant seem to bring it out any better.......i expect it will look better printed out.......they generaly do. at bigger size it does look better but on monitor u cant see all the pic without a huge amount of scrolling.

i did do one with the sun but u cannot see any detail at all but it still looks pretty good......all nice and gold

it was like that in the morning too.........but i was about 1/2 hour befor sunrise and had to be at work.........if id have known it was gonna be there all day i would have come back at dinner time.

as they say..........u live and u learn
Reanimator is offline   Reply With Quote