Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Jan 23, 2006, 1:24 PM   #1

I decided it was time to discover how other folks manage this and found some very useful free filters in the process.

The following are all before and after shots, using the selective saturation plugin from http://www.photo-plugins.com/Plugins...uration-2.html or the channel-mixer from http://www.simpelfilter.de/en/

The first image I've only just posted, the before (as previously posted) is on the left, then the "selective saturation" filter, then the channel-mixer. Using the channel mixer I boosted reds and greens but not blues (makes the sky too blue otherwise).

I've had to compress the jpg a lot on this one to get past Steve's limits, so I hope it doesn't have too many artifacts, I suspect I'll have to do some test prints as well before passing final judgement on these, but on the whole I'm very pleased with both filters, so see what you think.
Attached Images

John Maddock is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 23, 2006, 1:27 PM   #2

And again with a section of riverbank this time, again original on the left, then selective saturation, then channel mixer. In the latter I left the reds alone this time and just boosted blues and greens (there were some leftover autumn leaves that dominate too much if the reds are boosted). A much more subtle effect this time, and again I had to heavily compress to get past the posting limits:
Attached Images

Old Jan 23, 2006, 1:31 PM   #3

And finally (honestly!) a non-landscape shot. Original on left, channel mixer in the middle with the greens toned down and the blues and reds up a little, and the b&w channel mixer on the right. The latter is also from http://www.simpelfilter.de/en/ and appears to really rock! A small amount of trial and error really brought out the contrast on the leaves, I think this one could be fun :-)

Anyway, hopefully you'll find this useful.

Regards, John.
Attached Images

Old Jan 23, 2006, 2:36 PM   #4
HPx

Oh thanks ! It's very interesting !
HPx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2006, 8:48 AM   #5

Looks interesting.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"Something else that may interest you is found at thelightsrightstudio.com

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"The entire site is extremely useful.
JohnReid is offline   Reply With Quote