Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Feb 6, 2006, 1:54 PM   #1

Hey guys

I just joined this forum today, this is my first post. I've been dabbling in digital photography for the past 2 years or so, and just last month decided to take it to the next level and got myself a kodak P880.

I'll spare you the life story :roll:and just say that this was the pic that started it all

The setup: On my way back from a weeklong trip to West Virginia in late september 2004. Wonderful weather and great scenery the whole trip, though the fall colors hadn't quite come in yet. Anywho, on the trip back, hurricane Ivan had made landfall and hit the shenandoah valley pretty hard, but fortunately for us, we were driving between the rain bands, all we got was somemist! This pic was taken by my using my friend's Canon Elph 2.1mp, and we didn't even stop, this was from a moving vehicle! (note the guardrail). We could see both ends of this rainbow, it was gorgeous :G
Attached Images

wizbummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 6, 2006, 2:04 PM   #2

nice rainbow and nice greens with light dappled on them

id be tempted to crop the pic abit and get rid of the crash rail in bottom left
Reanimator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2006, 3:16 PM   #3

I have some edited pics of this, using various color filters and cropping. This is the raw image, and most of the time when I post I will use unedited images unless otherwise mentioned.

Also I use this pic as a demo for work, I work at officemax and we sell photo printers and other things. It makes for a great demo piece, plus the guardrail illustrates that it was taken from a moving vehicle. It still kinda boggles my mind how well it turned out considering that!
wizbummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2006, 2:56 PM   #4

Nice shot. Look forward to seeing more.
LadyhawkVA is offline   Reply With Quote