Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Feb 12, 2006, 4:39 AM   #11

Hi Squirrel

Thank you for the offer. I think we can enlarge them to A2/A1 size so the higher the resolution, the better.

I'm not sure if you can send them to my email ( due to the large file size) but you could try. [email protected]

Otherwise post to

Jim Brown

Lecturer in Management

NEI

Ballymena

N. Ireland

At the moment we have a postal strike, so please don't send them right away as they will be stuck there for weeks.

Jim
jim1brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2006, 1:22 PM   #12

Hi squirl033 and Hi Jim1Brown and Hello everyone else!

Firstly, indeed it is a challenge you've put to us as Jaki said!

Squirl, I've got to say thatI really love your 2 photos, but especially so the 2nd one. The colours and shapes you've managed to capture in that landscape scene is just FANTASTIC. Maybe I'd have cropped off a bit at the bottom and just a bit at the top, I'm not sure.... but whatever it's one beautiful photo. One of my personal favourites I've seen for a LONG time. (and if I had made it I would maybe have used it as my computer desktop background!)

Well, Jim1Brown, I've actually BEEN to Ballymena (twice) in N. Ireland. Cute place. Wishing you the best with your endeavours (and sorry to hear you've got postal strikes AGAIN!)

Here is my (small) maybe unsuitable contribution. But to me it speaks about contrast in this world, and seeing that contrast - as well as searching for the "hidden treasures". If you like it let me know, I can send you a bigger file (higher quality) by email.

Paul

PS (edit) - Jim I've studying marketing and management at University from 14to 10 years ago. I remember a particular few lectures / topics about motivation, and it's very important. And I particularly remember a lecture where one of our (good!) lecturers did something similar to what you were doing (motivational lines, some statistics about the world... but I don't think she gave any photos to assist it- so best wishes in your endeavours!)

Also in the work I've been doing for over 10 years now- charity and international mission work in often difficult situations, tied in with my faith, it's important to know motivation is important and needs to be renewed. I loved reading what you wrote!
Attached Images

pj1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2006, 8:07 AM   #13

Hi pj1974

Thanks a million for your post. I appreciate all of the photos that anyone would like to send. I will have a look at some other quotes to see if I can choose one that matches your image.

Ihave seen some exceptional landscapes (eg Aurora Borealis, lots of sunsets etc.) and I think they would make excellent posters. I am not sure if everyone or most people are professional photographers, but if you are amateurs why not submit a landscape.

I have been tinkering with one that squirrelo3 has sent. I will upload the results. I know lots of other people have viewed this trail. So,as the say in the movies.........

"Gimme your best shot"

Take care

Jim
Attached Images

jim1brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2006, 12:39 PM   #14

Not a great one, but a V formation. Post process as you see fit.

vsch1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2006, 5:20 PM   #15

jim1brown wrote:
Quote:
Hi pj1974

Thanks a million for your post. I appreciate all of the photos that anyone would like to send. I will have a look at some other quotes to see if I can choose one that matches your image.
That's great, hope you'll find a quote to match the photo... (though isn't this putting the cart before the horse...?)

Quote:
Ihave seen some exceptional landscapes (eg Aurora Borealis, lots of sunsets etc.) and I think they would make excellent posters. I am not sure if everyone or most people are professional photographers, but if you are amateurs why not submit a landscape.

Whoops... silly me this IS the *landscape* photo section after all.. (sorry... I shouldn't have posted a close up here, should I?!) ... so maybe we should say if you find a quote to match my "landscape" cherries, it's a case of putting the cart before the DONKEY or MULE... :-)

Quote:
I have been tinkering with one that squirrelo3 has sent. I will upload the results. I know lots of other people have viewed this trail.

You've done a good job with squirl033's photo, an appropriate quote and well placed! I like it very much!! (I might just have to be a guest in your lecture to appreciate it full size and in real life!! )

Quote:
So,as the say in the movies.........

"Gimme your best shot"

OK, maybe a more appropriate type... landscape!! (I made this photo in Tasmania, where I'm originally from).

Best regards,

Paul

Attached Images

Old Feb 16, 2006, 8:11 AM   #16

Hi there

Thanks for the landscape. It looks beautiful there. I have chosen this quote for your photo.

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do…. Explore. Dream. Discover." MarkTwain

I will try and attach a copy of it as a zip file, thogh I am not sure if it will work. If not send me your email and I'll attach it.

Thanks again Jim

Attached Files
File Type: zip Copy of Posters 1.zip (95.8 KB, 81 views)
jim1brown1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2006, 8:14 AM   #17

Hi There

Thank you. This is an excellent example of the V formation. It's exactl the image i am looking for.I am not too experienced in post processing but I am willing to have a go. Can you send the original file to me?

Jim
jim1brown1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2006, 12:05 PM   #18

Hi Jim,

Glad you like the Tasmanian landscape photo I sent. And yes, of course I'm a very biased person, coz that's my "home turf" - but I guess it would be fair to say that many people agree that Tasmania is a very special, scenic and tranquil beautiful island (very much the same size as the whole of Ireland, with a population of just half a million people).

Yes, I could openthe attachment you included. ANDI think you've done a GREAT job choosing the quote, actually I think it fits superbly, because the sort of "coming from behind the dune grass" gives that sort of "exploring" feeling. Then the desire to run down the sand-dune and into the water (dream) and finally those mountains in the distance (discovering more, the "bigger") suits it! I guess that's why they say "a picture is worth a thousand words"... right!!

So your combination of well chosen quotes and photos will be a valuable learning / motivational tool for your students. I (we) would love to hear how it went, an interesting study in sociology (website, photo posters, management lecturer and University students!) from around the world / cultures, etc.

I don't know if you'll choose that photo or not, however as I now see your email I'll send a higher resolution photo or two by email, not to eat up the internet bandwidth here of this site.

However here are another 2 favourite landscape photos of mine, one from Romania (where I live) and the other again from my last visit back to Tasmania.

Cheers, and best regards.

More by email.

Paul

Attached Images

Old Feb 16, 2006, 12:06 PM   #19

and here is the (2nd) Tasmanian landscape photo

best regards,

Paul
Attached Images

Old Feb 16, 2006, 12:50 PM   #20

squirl033 That second shot is spectacular.

slipe is offline   Reply With Quote