Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Mar 28, 2003, 5:47 PM   #1

Default Sailboats

This was taken at North Berwick in Scotland with my Fuji MX-2900 ZOOM. Had to tweak levels in Photoshop and sharpen a little. Comments good or bad are welcome!

cheers
Martin

mpaul73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 29, 2003, 2:18 PM   #2

I look at the picture and think "ok.... what is the point?" What were you trying to capture in the picture? Was it a mood? A subject? An action? Something else?

If you can answers one of those, then you'll have an idea what to make the focus of the picture. ("Focus" doesn't mean center, of course. It just means that its the thing the viewer should come away with from the picture.)

Technically, I like the photo. The sharpness is there. You can see the textures on all the stone. The lighting is kinda interesting, with the end of the larger building in light, but the side in shadow. Might have been more interesting if it was really close to sunset (and therefor added color to the light, or more interesting shadows.) But, it might have only added red to the alreay red building side.... you can't tell until you're there and the sunset happens.
eric s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2003, 3:53 PM   #3

Your comments are appreciated Eric. Hopefully as I learn my future efforts will be better!

cheers
Martin
mpaul73 is offline   Reply With Quote