Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Mar 1, 2006, 8:41 PM   #1

I got a new camera for Christmas. I like to spend time in the canyons during the summer taking photographs. I have bad knees, so I can't really get into the backcountry. But there hasn't really been a lot of good days for pictures recently. But I got this one the other day on my lunch hour.
Attached Images

jphess is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 1, 2006, 10:46 PM   #2

pretty nice place to live, if you can get that far out into the country on your lunch hour!! i like it...
squirl033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1, 2006, 11:14 PM   #3

I work at a university that sits right at the mouth of the canyon where this very small reservoir is located. There are three reservoirs, and it's only about a 10 min. drive to this location which is simply called third dam. Actually, this photo is looking in the opposite direction of the main part of the reservoir; this is where the reservoir actually begins. The other two reservoirs are closer to the valley. In fact, first dam is only about two minutes from campus, and is a popular sunbathing and volleyball spot for students, as well as a fun place for parents to take their little kids to feed ducks and geese.
jphess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2006, 11:17 PM   #4

Another beautiful snow photo (sigh). Love the scenery, and you are very lucky to live there.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote