Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Mar 7, 2006, 12:56 AM   #1

G'day all,

thought I would head down to the beach to if the surf exists or not. This here is Kingston beach and isn't exactly known for having big waves at all. But there was a small swell which in the cloudy mid afternoon looked bigger than normal. The first 4 pics are taken of the one wave and the last pic is a seperate wave altogether.

Ollie

Ollie77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 7, 2006, 3:31 AM   #2

Hi Ollie! and g'day.

Nice to see some photos of a beach I know! both my brothers live in Kingston, and it was about a year ago when I was there last. (I now live and work in Romania, doing charity work here, but I was born in Tasmania).

Nice series of waves, I know waves are quite difficult to "catch". A bit of advice (especially for the 3 photos of the same wave series), I'd try to shot from a bit higher (if possible) because that would separate the wave from the horizon/ where the water meets the mountains in the distance... and that would look better (I think!)

I also saw your photos of Mt Wellington, and the other "ollie" writing too.

Cool! All the best. Keep practising and posting photos.

Paul
pj1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8, 2006, 6:03 AM   #3

G'day there,

thanks for the encouragement all welcome of course.

As for the waves I was actually thinking at the time that I wanted to make the illusion that they were much bigger than they really were. As you can see by the last pic of a comletely seperate wave, that they were in fact rather small ones.

More photos to come. As soon as I make my RAW pics umm normal. Or something along those lines.

Ollie
Old Mar 8, 2006, 2:55 PM   #4

Hi again Ollie77!

Aha, now I understand what you were trying to do "low down" to emphasize the waves. Yeah... Kingston beach isn't exactly known as a "surfers paradise" is it?! :roll:

Check out these interesting links abouta view of Tasmania you maybe never expected, and alsoI have a photo of some Tassie waves there.. (I don't want to reproduce the photo here again.... http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...amp;forum_id=8)

Also check out http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...amp;forum_id=8which shows Tassie closer up.

And for a treat, here is one of my favourite "wild Tassie" photos of the wild west coast (Indian ocean) - this photo was my computer desktop background for a year after I made it!

Paul
Attached Images

Old Mar 9, 2006, 10:00 PM   #5

G'day,

as mentioned in the other Stainless steel post, that is another great wild shot of tassie

I will definately have to go get more beach shots. Perhaps though of somewhere that doesn't have a built up area all around it. Seems to really distract from the beauty of the place.

Ollie
Old Mar 10, 2006, 3:37 AM   #6

G'day Ollie! (from far away!)

Well to get to this particular beach spot (remote part near Strahan) you really have to travel quite far, but it's a very peaceful place (and special bird mating area nearby!) But it wasn't that season for the birds when I was there.

Glad you like my "wild Tassie" photos... That's one of the (many) things what I like so much about Tasmania - it has so much variety, even the difference between west coast (Indian ocean) and east coast Pacific ocean is remarkable! (not to mention highlands in the centre, many lakes, waterfalls, green rolling hills, snow-capped mountains in winter, rainforests, etc.. The only thing missing is desert! (but the mainland has enough of that right!)

Lookin' forward to seeing more photos of yours.

Paul