Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Mar 9, 2006, 6:11 AM   #1

G'day all,

here is a panoramic of the City of Hobart. It is actually three pics merged together into one. Thanks to the help of my lovely girlfriend who does that sort of thing all the time as part of her work.

Hope you like it. Feel free to critique it if you wish. Was a rush job but I think it has turned out fairly well.

Ollie

Ollie77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 9, 2006, 11:19 AM   #2

Hi there Ollie!

Well, for a "rush job" it certainly is a nice photo! Well done!

And also I thank your girlfriend for her kind contribution of work time to stitch these photos together into a panorama!

I think you caught a good balance / contrast between the sky with its texture and the clear lights / buildings below. Also nicely framed between the trees!

well done!

Paul (born in Tassie!)
pj1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2006, 11:40 AM   #3

Very nice photo.
LadyhawkVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2006, 10:03 PM   #4

G'day,

thanks for the replies guys. Always good. That pic was taken up the hill near St Mary's all girls school. Plenty of other spots as well to take the shots and I will do so in due time.

Say pj, when was the last time you were in tassie? I take it you have seen Salamance as what it looks like now? Either way I will head down there to take some shots and post up for your viewing pleasure

Ollie
Ollie77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2006, 3:48 AM   #5

I've lived in Europe for the last 8 years, been back to Australia 3 times during that period, the last time was Dec 2004 / Jan 2005 (a bit over a year ago)

Salamanca (market) area in Hobart... I have been there a number of times when I was about 18 - 22 years old (before I moved to Europe) and have seen it last time I was in Tasmania, can't remember if it looked any different (e.g. new shops, areas?) because I didn't know it THAT well.

But I look forward to seeing your "Salamanca now" posts! It's a lively, special place with a variety of local folk (especially Saturday mornings, right!) and that "old time market" feel too!

Do let me (us!) see some photos, that would be

Paul
pj1974 is offline   Reply With Quote