Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Mar 20, 2006, 11:40 PM   #31

Yes I am totally aware that English is considered a foreign language in Turkey, and not a second language! As I see your English is not anything to be tampered with, and thus like many "English as a first language" speakers I better beware... because I might be corrected by those who have learned English in a more formal way!

All the best!

Paul
pj1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2006, 11:44 PM   #32

Greetings Gisli!

I'm glad you like the last photo... I also think it's the best, though I should spend some more time and care in better cloning the grass area....

The only problem is that I took that photo at a reduced quality setting (1.3megapixel) on my point and shoot camera last year (because I was away for over a week away from electricity and backup possibilities). So it's not a huge file (but still good enough for a small print size (10 x 15cm) or for screen!)

If I go back there again I'll take a higher resolution photo with my new DSLR!

Thanks again for your comments!

Paul
Old Mar 21, 2006, 12:36 AM   #33

Hi pj, although I think you've done a great job manipulating these pictures, I still prefer the very first one. I think the wide angle gave a good feel for how big and wide open the place really is. The tent looks insignificant in the open. To me, the more you cropped, the more emphasis you gave to the tent. I think the tent should really be secondary, as originally portrayed (IMO, of course). I love the colors also.
Tullio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2006, 3:21 AM   #34

Hi Tullio!

Yes, you make a good point, the first one DOES capture the "wide expanse" feeling best, as an uncropped photo. I think if I get half a chance I should go there this summer to make some more photos (and this time with my Canon 350D / XT DSLR camera... with more megapixels, memory and hopefully better quality!)

And all the comments people have made so far will help me to think on the best compositions / balance for the photos...

So we'll see. Maybe I'll go there for a camp again... still not sure at this stage.

With best wishes

Paul
Old Mar 21, 2006, 11:42 AM   #35

I'm looking forward to the new attempts!
Tullio is offline   Reply With Quote