Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Mar 24, 2006, 8:29 AM   #11

Yeah, your cutted version really give a different view to this phorto. My target was the old tree and the water over it's root. Now cutting the tree change my idea but do not loose center of interest but it is very different what I was trying. How ever I do not mind your suggestion but even look forward to have everyone's reply as a help for me...

I like to make the photo to be as close to the reality as it is posible. Do not like to over saturate or to give any unnatural look to the photos. The beauty of nature is already known it is just a point of expression through eye of camera.

Thanks

Zak
ZAKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2006, 12:33 PM   #12

I somewhat agree with you when it comes to PP images. I too like to seepictures as they come out of the camera. However, a lot of times, what the camera sees is not what our eyes see. Worse yet, what the camera reproduces is not what our eyes see and the reason can be attributed toa large number of factors: light metering, exposure, lens quality, sensor quality, etc, etc. Therefore, it is possible that an image comingright out of the cameramay not havereproduced a scene veryaccurately (and I am not by any means suggesting yourphotowas not accurate). All it takes is a bit too much bright sky on your compositionand the exposure will be way off, unless you properly compensate for it. I'm not a big PS user myself but I do admit it's a great tool and as such, should be used as/when needed. In the old film days, the work (fix)was all done in the dark room instead. The other reason I don't usually like to mess around with other people's photographs is exactlybecause of what you pointed out. What you wanted to emphasize was what I ended up cropping out. In other words, I basically ruined your composition and that's certainly not good. My apologies for that. Perhaps I should simply suggest thatyou use the rule of thirds when composing an image with a prominent subject (like the tree). Cheers.
Tullio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2006, 7:51 PM   #13

Thanks once again for pointing what really is true.

Nevertheless, You are right about my photo which you cutted, and it is beeing a little under saturated in some parts (like sky).

Your comment is reasonable and welcome...be free to do it again...
thanks

Zak
ZAKD is offline   Reply With Quote