Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Mar 26, 2006, 5:08 PM   #1

Shot this on late afternoon Friday. A storm (which missed where I was), was brewing. I exposed this shot for catching the cloud detail. I'm looking to get a graduated ND filter to help with photos like this and sunsets. Anyone else using one of these? Shot with pentax istDS..........cheers.........thekman.
Attached Images

thekman620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 26, 2006, 6:20 PM   #2

Yes, I used tohave a B&W graduated filter but I never liked the results so I gave it away. I found it very difficult to obtain the correct exposure and well balanced pictures. Its use is very limited (as you mentioned, sunsets/sunrisesare pretty much it). I thought I could have spent my money on more useful things. But once again, that's my very personal opinion.
Tullio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2006, 7:12 PM   #3

Hi kman! Awesome looking! I love the way the light plays on these storm clouds! I checked out those pics that you were experimenting with the new lens in your other post, pretty cool being able to change lenses ain't it!

Bob
bhammitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2006, 9:07 PM   #4

Thanks Bob. I like the light on those clouds too. Interesting. This shot was also taken with that fish lens, but I cropped out a bunch of bush. It is nice changing lenses, although it can be a pain to haul them around. I still need a long tele lens. Hoping to find a 300mm manual around f/4 to f/5.6 range in the coming year. Luckily with the Pentax, you can use their old manual lenses without much trouble at all. You just have to shoot manually, which I find i quite like doing......thekman.

bhammitt wrote:
Quote:
Hi kman! Awesome looking! I love the way the light plays on these storm clouds! I checked out those pics that you were experimenting with the new lens in your other post, pretty cool being able to change lenses ain't it!

Bob
thekman620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28, 2006, 12:12 PM   #5

Very atmospheric! I like it.

John.
John Maddock is offline   Reply With Quote