Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Mar 29, 2006, 3:06 AM   #11

Hi Bahadir,

Well actually there are a number of photos of my fiancee in the "family members" section, as well as a recently postedone in the weekly challenge one. Do a search via my profile posts and you'll find them! But glad you could finally meet my fiancee at least this way so far!

Yes, maybe she's the princess without a shoe, but I'm not impartial due her being more than an sympathetic subject to me! I won't even comment whether I meet any criteria of being the gallant prince (shame on me, I didn't even have a horse!) However she did enjoy sittingin the car and warming up her feet while I continued the last bit of the trek to find what the deity designed up on the slopes.

Thanks fo ryour warning about the dangers of snow covering holes, etc. Actually where we went there were no rocks / cracks (yet) but just solid land and bushes, AND a small stream. that was the tricky part, needing to cross the stream across a small "snow bridge". But I tested it first with a stick and went first, it wasn't a really dangerous situation, even if the snow would have given in, all that would have happened would be an evenwetter pair of feet! .... however one cannever be careful enough in such situations.

Paul
pj1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2006, 3:11 AM   #12

Greetings Tullio!

Thanks for your kind words of grateful expression! (as per usual).

I'm glad you appreciate the colors, contrasts and composition! (three C's!)

Indeed Romania is a beautiful country... quite rugged, wild and different to western Europe. Though pollution and lack of care and failing infrastrucutre (e.g. very bad roads, decaying factories / industry) can be a worry. Still there is a lot of beautiful nature around and hopefully in time people here will become more environmentally conscious. As I'm from Australia (Tasmania) which is one of the most environmentally clean and conscious places on earth, I'm a tad biased maybe to the "luck" of a new / young country like that, with so much of it in untouched condition.

But again, thanks, and keep Romania on your "possible country to visit" list, I am quite certain you won't be disappointed by the nature and photo opportunities, also as the culture and history are very interesting to the discerning!

Paul
Old Mar 29, 2006, 10:54 AM   #13

Your home country is also gorgeous, Paul. I haven't seen very many pictures from Australia posted here. Do you have any? I'd love to see some artistic landscape/natural habitat photographs taken by some participants of Steve's forums!
Tullio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2006, 2:10 PM   #14

Tullio,

Indeed Australia IS a very beautiful and very varied (big!) place, including the isle of Tasmania where I'm from.

Here is a link to an interesting topic, and amongst it you'll see some photos I submitted of Tasmania. http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...d=8&page=1

Enjoy, let me know what you think! I've got loads more. I should post more of them someday.. thanks for the encouragement.

Paul
Old Mar 29, 2006, 2:57 PM   #15

Hi Paul, I remember seeing the beach shots (and I believe, commenting on them as well). I particularly liked the one takenon the beach. Beautiful ocean with white (and probably very fine) sand,and wonderful composition.
Tullio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2006, 1:04 AM   #16

Paul, that is a cool lady. The smile sent my heart pounding. You are a lucky man and hold on there. :G Thanks so much for sharing and we all share in the happy moments. The series are cool. Lovely. Jaki.
Aumma45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2006, 1:09 AM   #17

Greetings Tullio!

OK, I'll have to start a separate post sometime when I have some time on my hands to dig out some suitable Tasmanian / Australian photos....

Yes, the sand is very clean, white and fine in Tasmania. The water is a bit cooler than most mainland Australian waters, but we still can swim in it, and compared to many European beaches and many N. American beaches it's more swimmable. Thanks for looking.

More l8r

Paul
Old Mar 30, 2006, 1:12 AM   #18

Greetings Jaki!

Ha, that's funny I had just posted a reply to your "lizard" photo the same time as your reply to this photo of mine - and I just noticed now! (like passing ships in the night!)

Thanks for the kind words. Indeed my fiancee and her smilestill sets my heart beating often, especially as we live 5 hours apart, so when we meet... well you can imagine "Absence makes the heart grow fonder" is an appropriate expression I believe in this case!

Glad you liked the series too, I'm priveleged that both Transylvania and Tasmania are very beautiful places, and are quite different so I can capture a variety of scenes with my camera.

I appreciate you sharing the joy of our happy moments. Hopefully we'll be sharing some photos of our wedding / honeymoon time (if appropriate...)

Paul