Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Apr 4, 2006, 1:55 PM   #11

hokiegirl.......:-) hi, can i just add that 3, 4, and 5 are obviously the better ones, what is great to see is that u saw the blossom and took lots of shots......all different so that shows as u where looking you where thinking, u saw the ducks in the blossom took a couple of shots then got the best shot in number 3.

i dont think some people realise how many shots some of us take!!. i dont like to come home with room on my card or life in my battery, i try all different angles and ideas and often think of what i should have done when i sit and look at pics at home

Gary
Reanimator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4, 2006, 3:59 PM   #12

Ain't digital photography wonderful? Try to experiment with film and your bank account will be broken in no time at all!!!
Tullio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4, 2006, 6:27 PM   #13
Log

hokiegirl,

what camera do you use? im sure youve said but i cant remember. and i love 2-5 but 1 and 6 look a little blurry and number 1 looks a little noisy. but you have a great eye!:? keep shooting.

regards,

logan
Log is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4, 2006, 7:10 PM   #14

Thank you to everyone, your comments are wonderful!!! :G Suggestions and comments are so helpful!!:-)

I am using a Nikon d70s. I was shooting in completly manual mode. I feel that way I get to teach my sel how to make better shots. :lol: But i does led to coming home with several over or under exposed pictures, several ones with camera shake ans several out of focus.

I also have not fully explored my camera, and am still in the process of reading the manual to figure out all that it has to offer. I am planning on going to a class which is several hours at Penn Camera to teach me the ins and outs of this particular camera.:G

I also did no post cropping, only did quick edit in Photoshop elements, and resized the pictures for posting.

Again thanks for all of the comments. :G Please continue to comment and give me more suggestions so I can improve!!!!
HOKIEGIRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4, 2006, 11:30 PM   #15

Lady you had better get to know you machine. Read the manual like you would read a Bible. Regards. :G Jaki.
Aumma45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5, 2006, 12:28 AM   #16

Since the D70 is a big investment, taking aclass may be well worth it! My suggestion is for you to let the camera do the focusing unless you want to take a picture of an object that the camera can't focus on for whatever reason. The D70 has an excellent AF system. It's extremely fast and accurateand it's almost guaranteed that you will notloose pictures due to poorfocusing.
Tullio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5, 2006, 11:03 AM   #17

Hi,

you have bought a very good camera so very very goods photos from your side are expected.

Considering your photos and beeing your early days since using I thing you are learning but there are some obvious problems you've had.

Pay attention to your focus as some images were without concrete focus. Do not know what happend with #1 as this one is completly blurred....maybe slow shutter speed.

If you are not planning to do PSD on your images than try to adjust camera to make photos little more saturated, more sharper (some photos are too soft).

Hope it was good for start and also want to tell you that I've just bought Canoneos350d with problems at the begginning like you but soon will be behind you.

Hope to see more of your photos soon....

regards Zak
ZAKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5, 2006, 3:03 PM   #18

I like #3, 4 & 5 the best.

It's good to work with manual modes, but you may want to take some shots with the camera's auto modes too. Compare what you select with what the camera selects and think about why there may be differences. Sometimes you'll like the camera selections, sometimes you'll prefer your own. The more I do this, the more closely my selections match those of the camera, unless I'm trying for a specific effect, such as a different DOF or a deliberately blurred effect, etc. On basic shots, you'll find that the camera selections and yours will often be identical or equivalent.
LadyhawkVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5, 2006, 6:01 PM   #19

Thanks again everyone!! I am about halfway through my manual!! :G And feel I have so much to learn. I just got my camera last Thursday, so I have had it for about a week now!!

I do plan on trying the other modes as well. There are many features on the camera I am trying to get used to. Could not pass up taking it into the city.

:-)Jenna
HOKIEGIRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5, 2006, 6:20 PM   #20

HOKIEGIRL,¬* I too am just learning to use my D70s.¬* In my quest for useful information and tips. And, how to get the most of the camera while still maintaining some control over my shots, I happened across this useful ( at least I thought it was useful) tutorial from the Ken Rockwell site. "How to use your D70and the D70s.¬* I hope you find it as helpful as I did.¬* Keep shooting, Steve¬* ¬*¬* ¬*¬* ¬*¬* ¬*¬* ¬*http://www.kenrockwell.com/nikon/d70/d70-settings.htm
smac is offline   Reply With Quote