Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Apr 17, 2006, 1:26 AM   #1

Shot this a while back. Hope you enjoy.

Bill

Last edited by Curmudgeon; Jul 22, 2012 at 2:34 AM.
Curmudgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 17, 2006, 4:22 AM   #2

Awesome shot!!!......'kman
thekman620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2006, 11:42 AM   #3

Very impressive and beautifully lit, I can't help wondering though what's off-scene to the right and left though. Maybe this would have been a good candidate for a panoramic format?

Just a thought,

John.
John Maddock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2006, 4:48 PM   #4

Bill, your photo gives a feeling of elevation to me, which I really have been missing for sometime.
Btw,I think John has already put a complete thought about what else one should expect of this beautiful shot.
bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2006, 6:48 PM   #5
VP

Good lighting and detail in the foreground, Bill. The shadows from the hillsin the distance look like water:-) Hope you didn't have to hike up to that evelation for the shot. Maybe it was cooler?when you took that shot.
VP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2006, 12:13 AM   #6

Thanks everyone!

There is more to this area than this shot (from a wider angle) and I have several of those shots as well. However, they tend to distract from the simple beauty of the colors and shadows that I saw in this one frame. The different hues of color and the shadows made me pick this shot to display.

John a photo that makes you want to see more is always a good thing. The area is pretty exceptional. If you ever get the chance to go to Death Valley .. definitely go and give yourself a week for photographing.

Bahadir your comments are elloquent as usual.

Thanks Kman.

I have been asked to display some of my photos in a Bed and Breakfast up in Redwood National Park and to provide prints for sell. It is a nice thing. This is one of the shots I chose of the six I framed and shipped to them.

If you're ever in Klamath, CA check out The Requa Inn. They have a web site also.. ... http://www.requainn.com I think.

Again thanks for the comments.

VP I did have to hike a short distance. However, since I am a short fat man only a short distance was ok. *smile*

I must tell you that while shooting this shot the wind came up to like 50 mph gust and blew my tripod bag off the top of the area I was shooting from. It took me over an hour to hike to the bottom of the gulley and then climb up to the bag and then down again and hike out. Of course the bag could not be blown to the bottom but rather stopped about 60 to 70% up the slope. The top part was too steep to traverrse so I had no choice but to hike around....

Needed the exercise! *smile*

Curmudgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2006, 11:46 PM   #7

Wow Bill, this is a great shot. The colors are fantastic with a huge contrast between the foreground hills and the background valley. It almost looks like you pasted those hills on another picture. Very nice!
Tullio is offline   Reply With Quote