Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Apr 24, 2006, 12:07 AM   #1

this was taken from an overpass looking west along highway 520 into Seattle. it's days like this that make the drippy-drizzly from November through March seem to just melt away. the Olympic Mountains in the background are about 100 miles away...

squirl033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 24, 2006, 12:23 AM   #2

Ah, did you enjoy your one sunny day of the year?

Nice picture; I love it when it's sunny over there but man oh man, it rains way too much for me. I used to live in Everett then moved over to Spokane...I don't think I could move back. Seattle is a pretty city to visit that's for sure, but I don't think I could subject myself to those gloomy overcast, wet days ever again.
Justin Hancock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24, 2006, 12:27 AM   #3

i know what you mean. i've about had it with the gray drippies myself. i plan on moving to south-central Idaho in a few years. i want to be close to mountains, and the Sawtooths are gorgeous!
Old Apr 24, 2006, 12:03 PM   #4

Nice shot, I have been lovin the warm weather, hiking yesterday the tulip festival the day before...and today is going to be another good one
Nikki P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24, 2006, 1:11 PM   #5

Nice capture, Squirl033,

I am a sun lover myself, but having lived in Europe for about 10 years it's hard as I'm originally from sunny Australia! But I might be going back to Australia sometime in the future though.....

About your photo, an interesting perspective. And cool you have things sharp (near and far). A bit of a shame about the haze to the mountains, but then considering they are 100 miles (or 160kms) away, that's not too bad!

Thanks 4 sharing!

Paul

pj1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25, 2006, 8:13 AM   #6

Coming from flat old Australia, I love seeing mountain photos. We have a "mountain" range which forms a nice backdrop to Canberra where I live but they are probably about as tall as the foorthills to your Olympic Mountains and they only get snow for a few days each year.

And send some of that drippy-drizzly south! The hills are brown and crisp down here.

Cheers,
Ollie
Ollie@Oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25, 2006, 11:36 PM   #7

squirrel, nice angle shot you got there... amazingly nice picture with the mountains covered with ice as your background.. :|

ruggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2006, 8:11 PM   #8

It is a beautiful view, but I do not miss having to drive across it twice twice a day. The bridge is much longer than it appears in this shot, and the traffic is often much heavier.

Squirrel, what length lens were you using? The far shore is well over a mile away!

Skuzzlebutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2006, 9:07 PM   #9

Skuzzlebutt wrote:
Quote:
It is a beautiful view, but I do not miss having to drive across it twice twice a day. The bridge is much longer than it appears in this shot, and the traffic is often much heavier.

Squirrel, what length lens were you using? The far shore is well over a mile away!
i shot this with a 24-135 at about 120mm; on a 1.6x body, that's about 190mm equivalent.

fortunately, it's been over 20 years since i've had to do any cross-bridge commuting. i live in Kirkland, and my job is 3 miles away... :G this was taken on a Sunday, which is why the traffic is so light.
Old Apr 26, 2006, 11:34 PM   #10

Great colors and composition, squirl033. The saturation is very pleasing and I like the under exposure effect for it darkens the colors enough to prevent blown outs. Good job!
Tullio is offline   Reply With Quote