Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Apr 24, 2006, 4:05 PM   #1

No sign of spring here in the north. Taken today 24/04 with 20d and sigma 15-30 in my backyard in Olafsfjordur Iceland.

My daughter, this one istaken with tamron 70-300

And one pano taken at work today just 50meters out of the house I'm working in.

Gisli is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 24, 2006, 6:27 PM   #2

Wonderful series of your daughter and your backyard, Gisli!

So nice to see a young kid out playing in the snow instead of being hooked on video games and gameboys, etc!

You Icelanders are very hardy folk

(Sadly, my nephews spend way too much time in front of PC or TV and not enough time outdoors in my opinion!)

digcamfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25, 2006, 1:04 AM   #3

Nice series Gisli. You have a beautiful little daughter. Your setting in Iceland, as I've said before, seems surreal to me. I can "feel" what seems like the desolation of your area. The intense blue of the sky is breathtaking......cheers........thekman.
thekman620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25, 2006, 2:55 AM   #4

Well, now I don't feel so sorry for myself. My Gawd, you are not getting rid of that much snow anytime soon!!! And it is a l r e a d y April/May. Wow. Your summer must be even shorter than ours. I feel a little less frustrated at our weather now, at least our snow has gone, and we are seeing a little color in our grass. Theckman, you should send some flowers to cheer this member...we won't get our blooms for awhile. Very nice sky, and sweet little girl...keep warm!!

Kd
KENNETHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25, 2006, 3:08 PM   #5

Thanx for nice comments guys. The weather reportpromise 10-16°C and sunshine next friday and all weekend so I hope some of this snow will melt:-)
Old Apr 26, 2006, 4:14 PM   #6

Thanks for sharing you "home and family" with us Gisli - I see you heve got the exposure spot on, which I suppose comes with a lot of experience shooting in the snow
JakeTPegg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2006, 5:13 PM   #7

Thanks Jake. I have had allot of experience shooting in the snow last 2 months at least:-)but I hope to see something green soon :-)
Old Apr 26, 2006, 11:48 PM   #8

Another beautiful set from Iceland, Gisli. It appears that Iceland is absolutely pollution free. Your photos are always crisp, crystal clear. However...I think by now I'd be getting into a depression if I had to deal with all that snow in late April. Temperature in Northern California will be in the 80's this coming weekend, thank you very much!!!
Tullio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 2006, 12:50 AM   #9

Wow Gisli,

Lovely crisp clear photos. How many days (what percentage) do you get of clear blue skies? Most photos of what you post give an indication of lovely clean air....

And I thought Romania (where I live now) was bad enough with late starts to spring.... Phew. I know Iceland is a lot "slower" to get going though. As I'm from Australia still I'm not used to real "European / northern hemispheran" winters...

Lovely cute daughter. I had to laugh seeing the play set (swings, etc) still buried in snow. Here in Romania children are able to enjoy outdoor weather the last few weeks.. I mean sunny spring days. Yesterday was the warmest this year.. 23 degrees C. But that is quite warm for April here.

Thanks for sharing your photos.

All the best,

Paul
pj1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 2006, 3:57 PM   #10

Thanks Tullio and Paul. In late February and beginning of mars there was not much snow and I thought we would have early spring this year but then it started and instead wegot late winter:-)here is one picture taken 26.2.2006