Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Jun 2, 2006, 11:42 PM   #1

well, it's not exactly a landscape, but you can sorta see the trees in the distance, and it doesn't fit any of the other categories, so here ya go. i was at the lake tonite looking to see if the sunset would be worth shooting. for the most part, it wasn't but i did like the way this shot came out... just the setting sun through a decorative lamp on a stone pillar at the corner of the park. i especially like the refraction in the top glass of the lamp...

squirl033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 3, 2006, 12:49 AM   #2

Irregardless whether it fits in this forum or not, this is a cool shot. Was it taken with your FZ20? I bought one a couple of days ago ($299 at Amazon.com so I could not pass). I love my H1 but I'd like to try the FZ20 optics.
Tullio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3, 2006, 6:15 AM   #3

A very novel composition and a nice effect.

Cheers,
Ollie
Ollie@Oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3, 2006, 6:35 AM   #4

Lovely shot and I would imagine not an easy one at first either. Love the reflections in the top. Nice
Mountain Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3, 2006, 10:43 AM   #5

Tullio wrote:
Quote:
Irregardless whether it fits in this forum or not, this is a cool shot. Was it taken with your FZ20? I bought one a couple of days ago ($299 at Amazon.com so I could not pass). I love my H1 but I'd like to try the FZ20 optics.
Tullio, this was taken with my 30D. you got a great deal on your FZ20... i'm sure you'll enjoy it! :G

Old Jun 3, 2006, 12:16 PM   #6

It's a beauty

John.
John Maddock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 4, 2006, 9:29 AM   #7

Well, it was a great deal alright. However, my first shots were...disapointing. I'll soonbe posting a long topic on the subject in the Panasonic forum. To make a long story short, my H1 is a far better camera, no doubt about it. I'm starting to wonder about all this camera reviews. The reviewerstake pictures under very controlled environments and they don't make any changes to camera settings, such as exposure compensation, color effect or even the use of 12x zoom. Anyway, if you are interested in reading my findings, keep an eye on the Pana forum!!!
Tullio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 4, 2006, 11:14 AM   #8

will do, Tullio. though i have to say, i've had some very good results with mine. it does have limitations and quirks, like anything else, but once you learn to play to its strengths, it's a great little camera. i haven't used the H1, but it seems pretty comparable in terms of specs and capability. givethe FZtime, learn its foibles, and don't be too hard on it for the first month. i think once you're used to it, you'll find thatif you do your part, it's as good as any superzoom on the market.